Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Opodo doubled the flight prices overnight!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Opodo doubled the flight prices overnight!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Angry Opodo doubled the flight prices overnight!

In the UK so I guess legal position may vary....

Found a cracking flight price yesterday on opodo for next year so I booked it.... Paid with credit card etc.
Had an email this morning telling me that the price has gone up and its now double.
So I phoned the. Usual rubbish. Price has increased from the time you booked blah blah blah. Surely all these searches are online/live anyway? I think pretty much it was a pricing error to be honest...

Is this legal? Anyone could offer cheap flights, rope the customer in, get the credit card payment then say, oops the price has gone up....

Do I have any recourse other than to pay the new price or cancel?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
No recourse unless the ticket has already been issued, with a receipt including a ticket number.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 2:00 pm

It's not Opodo raising the price, it is the ticketing delay and the actual carrier not having the requested availability in the fare class you tried to book. This will always be a problem booking with a 3rd party that has a cache of availability it uses, or even a system that has ticketing fulfillment delays that allow the availability in that cheap class of service to disappear in the airline's res system before you are ticketed.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by xooz; Nov 5, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
I believe and stand to be corrected that Opodo is owned by or very close to eDreams... my advice for what's worth, get your money refunded, book direct with your airline and see if your preferred airline has a price match policy e.g. BA does.

If you look for reviews on opodo, I found on tripadvisor one thread that is now 138 web pages of customer comments. Reading a few of the more recent posts might have lead the OP to place his credit card numbers elsewhere.

Last edited by IntVic; Nov 5, 2018 at 7:58 am Reason: further information
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I thought Opodo was founded by a consortium of European airlines, which evidently it was. I guess it all went downhill when edreams acquired it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.