Wiki Posts
Search

Vayama problem - need advice

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2018, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Vayama problem - need advice

Hello pals,
i booked an international nonrefundable Aeroflot flight reservation with Vayama for next week. One of the flights obviously got canceled by the airline and they rebooked me on another flight with 5 hours longer layover and 7 hours later arrival time. I called Aeroflot and told them the new flight I was rebooked on doesn’t work for me. Aeroflot said I can cancel the reservation and get full refund. But, it should be done through Vayama, because I bought the ticket from Vayama. I called Vayama, but the Vayama customer support refuses to cancel reservation and give me my full refund, stating that the ticket is nonrefundable. I told them the situation and the fact that even the airline said I can get the full refund because of flight cancellation, but Vayama still refusing to refund. I recorded both Aeroflot and Vayama phone calls and if things don’t work out, I will take Vayama to California’s Small Claims Court. But, before doing that, do you guys have any advice for me on how to deal with this matter? Thanks a bunch.

cheers,
Alan
Old Jun 10, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Somebody here with actual Vayama or other specialized info will likely step in with more specific info, but while you are waiting it wouldn't hurt to call Vayama again and explain your problem (politely) to another agent. Different agents can play by different rules, or have better training, or ? And if that one isn't more helpful, politely ask to speak to his/her supervisor and try again. Keep good notes. Ask for names.

And it might be useful to somebody here trying to help you if you posted detail on your booking and the rebooked flight.

Good luck.

Last edited by Romelle; Jun 10, 2018 at 7:38 pm
Old Jun 10, 2018, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Romelle
Somebody here with actual Vayama or other specialized info will likely step in with more specific info, but while you are waiting it wouldn't hurt to call Vayama again and explain your problem (politely) to another agent. Different agents can play by different rules, or have better training, or ? And if that one isn't more helpful, politely ask to speak to his/her supervisor and try again. Keep good notes. Ask for names.

And it might be useful to somebody here trying to help you if you posted detail on your booking and the rebooked flight.

Good luck.
Hello Romelle,
Thanks so much for the great advice. I’ll follow it and will keep you posted.

Cheers,
Alan
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:35 pm

Vayama is hopeless in these situations. Call again and ask for a supervisor - escalate and also email. You can try: [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected]

Having an emailed response will help if you go to small claims.

I would also put in a dispute with your credit card if you don't get a quick result .
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Hello Erik,
Thanks for the advice.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by dnfinity
Hello Erik,
Thanks for the advice.
Vayama is the travel agent and their responsibility is to revook you on another Aeroflot flight albeit 5 hours later. Whatever the rules of your ticket and farw for rebooking is what Vayama or even booking with Aeroflot would give you.

I myselelf from now on will never book with Norwegian,WOW or Icelandair as they dont have a partnership with an alliance. If my Inited flight is cancelled at least I could get reaccomodatedc on a UA codeshare operated by Lufthansa or Swiss Air.

Aeroflot is with Delta Air France KLM so see if you can get an Aeroflot codeshare operated by AF KLM at a better time. 5 hours is considered an efrigous delay and EU 261 would cover you here too.

Call Vayama and insist that they rebook your itinerary on a codeshare flight or I woyld even pay the $15-$20 for Aeroflot to tale over the reservation and skip Vayama all together.

If you have travellers insurance you can use the Trip Delay fearure to canxel and switch to a new flight if all else fails it shoud cover the fare difference. Look at Skiplagged you may even get a less expensive flight and be able to get a full refund rom Aerofot and save$50-$100.

I hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.