Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Priceline NYOP System Changing Dates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond

Am trying to bid for a hotel room May 7 - 9 on Priceline NYOP. When I click May 7 on the calendar, the written date comes up as May 6. And when I click Check Out on May 9, the written date comes up as May 8th. If I click May 8 and May 10, the proper dates register, but I would be foolish to think that Priceline would honor those dates, if the glitch is not caught.
Anyone else having this problem?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
I wasn't using Priceline NYOP, but had a similar problem with another on-line system. I was in MSP trying to book Singapore. My guess is the system was trying to help me with the crossing of the international date line. I don't know for sure the answer to your problem. I'm guessing you also are trying to book 1/2 way round the world?

You might try the www.betterbidding.com site and pose your question there. Or contact Priceline directly.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
What timezone are you in? It shouldn't matter but the datepicker might be in your timezone but the date then selected in the hotel's, if you're in Hong Kong it might be 2am on the 23rd but 10am or something on the 22nd in the US location, and while you select the 7th the system then recalculates that to US timezone which ends up being the 6th. It's wrong but it could happen.

EDIT: sorry I see hotel is in SIN, bit still might be because of some issue like that, server time likely is US time.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Hotel is in Connecticut. I am in Madrid. Five hours time difference (until tomorrow). Too complicated for Priceline?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:16 am

Have you looked at using Hotwire? You might not run into the date problem there, and lately I've done as well with Hotwire as Priceline. Even when keeping in mind that Hotwire tends to rate hotels about a 1/2 point higher than Priceline NYOP.

Also, does the date issue occur any time of day? With only five (or six) time zone hours of difference, the window for your problem is narrower than my MSP-SIN issue.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the help, and suggestions. I wanted a specific hotel, the only 4* in the zone I am bidding so wanted NYOP. Tried again just now (4pm Madrid, 10 am East Coast -- goodness knows where Priceline has their server farm...), but again, got one day earlier than I stipulated on their calendar for arriving, one day earlier for departing. Tried Chrome and FireFox, but same result. Some people could definitely get caught out on this -- not to speak of business lost by Priceline. But thanks for the suggestions!
Old Mar 28, 2018, 2:51 pm

"...the only 4* in the zone" fooled me a couple times. One time got a different hotel that newly had a rating change. The other time got a hotel I hadn't known about in the zone. Here is hoping your specific knowledge is better than mine was.

Also have gotten surprised with zone changes that made properties available I hadn't expected.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Zone changes are definitely a threat with Priceline. Of course it happens after I make a detailed spreadsheet listing all hotels in specific zones, by star rating. Occasionally, just occasionally, I am pleasantly surprised by an unexpected hotel on Priceline. But not usually...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.