Trouble booking a specific ITA itinerary.

Old Mar 29, 18, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Trouble booking a specific ITA itinerary.

Hi folks,

My first post here, so apologies if posts like these are frowned upon or if Iíve posted in the wrong place. Please feel free to tell me where to go, literally and figuratively.

Iím travelling to India in October and have found basically the ideal itinerary on ITA. Itís cheap, and the return leg includes a direct flight to YVR, which is where I want to end up. Unfortunately I havenít been able to book it anywhere.

The itinerary is LAX->EWR->DEL departing 10/27 at 11:30AM, DEL->YVR->SFO departing 11/07 at 5:20pm. Entirely with UA, though the DEL->YVR portion is an AC codeshare. It prices at C$870 on ITA, but I canít find it on any of the sites Iíve tried for less than $1300. So far Iíve tried kayak, Momondo, cheapoair, Travelocity, Expedia, BookWithMatrix and United. Is there anything Iím missing, or is this just one of those unbookable ITA fares Iíve heard about?
Old Mar 30, 18, 9:50 pm

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Try Propeller Travel to see if they can help. Never used them myself but others on Flyertalk forums seem happy enough. You will pay a fee but it all looks pretty clear on their website. Best of look and do update your progress
Old Mar 31, 18, 7:45 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
When you are on the UA site, have you tried using multi-city, and then picking the exact legs for which you found the good fare? That can sometimes work.

While calling the airlines is never recommended in the case of mistake fares, this looks more like just a good rate you can't seem to book on-line. It might be worth the fee for asking them to help you book. Ahead of time having all the particulars of the flight.

Search this Thread