Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

EVA Air online booking - error processing payments?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Hi folks,

I'm trying to book a multi-city itinerary using EVA Air's online booking process. Everything goes well until the final step after you enter your credit card details and hit confirm. I get the error message: "We have difficulty processing your payment. Please re-enter payment information and try again. (4686)"

I'm not sure what's going on, as I've tried using three different cards with the same error, and I've even logged into my online credit card accounts and seen that the pre-authorization went through okay.

When searching for this error message, there are a few references online to it happening with some Asian carriers years ago. The advice offered was to change the web browser being used - so I've attempted this with Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It's made no difference.

Are here any other online booking sites where I can purchase EVA tickets? I can't seem to bring up the flights I'm looking for on Kayak/Orbitz/Justfly/CheapOAir/etc.

I'll probably wait a few days and book the flight over the phone with them as a last resort, but I expect they'll want to add fees or not offer the same fare I've been trying to get online.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Well, FWIW there's been no change in this situation. I called to book the tickets over the phone with EVA and they told me they couldn't offer the same fares as what is on the website. I tried submitting a comment via their web feedback form and heard no response. I decided against rewarding EVA's terrible customer service and booked my trip with another airline instead.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:42 pm

I was having the same problem but after switching my credit card, it worked on a different card. I'm just guessing that my bank put a block on the first card. I had already made one international flight reservation on that card, but then canceled it within 24 hours. So this would've been the second reservation in 24 hours. I'm guessing that sent up an automatic red flag for them. Very annoying as I wasted about an hour in limbo trying to book the flight to no avail. But the second card went straight through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.