FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EVA Air online booking - error processing payments?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:48 pm
SEAmonster

EVA Air online booking - error processing payments?

Hi folks,

I'm trying to book a multi-city itinerary using EVA Air's online booking process. Everything goes well until the final step after you enter your credit card details and hit confirm. I get the error message: "We have difficulty processing your payment. Please re-enter payment information and try again. (4686)"

I'm not sure what's going on, as I've tried using three different cards with the same error, and I've even logged into my online credit card accounts and seen that the pre-authorization went through okay.

When searching for this error message, there are a few references online to it happening with some Asian carriers years ago. The advice offered was to change the web browser being used - so I've attempted this with Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It's made no difference.

Are here any other online booking sites where I can purchase EVA tickets? I can't seem to bring up the flights I'm looking for on Kayak/Orbitz/Justfly/CheapOAir/etc.

I'll probably wait a few days and book the flight over the phone with them as a last resort, but I expect they'll want to add fees or not offer the same fare I've been trying to get online.