Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Elite benefits/points earning if using metasearch site's link to hotel's own website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite benefits/points earning if using metasearch site's link to hotel's own website

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Question about metasearch sites - if I were to search for a hotel on a metasearch site, but then book it through the actual hotel website using the link provided by the metasearch site, would I earn hotel points and receive my status benefits?

Example: I just looked up airport hotels at ORD on Kayak. One result was the Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport (the one that's right next to the airport). One of the links provided to book the hotel was hilton.com. If I book the hotel through that link, will I still earn Honors points and get my Hilton Gold benefits since in the end, I used the hotel website to book? Or, since I found the rate through Kayak, will I not receive the points or status benefits?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:14 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Yes you will, the hotel will likely pay a referral fee to the search engine though. The price should be the same as going directly to the hotel website anyway, or through a cashback site.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk MC123.

We'll move your thread to another forum for greater exposure.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.