Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lastminute.com issues

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Lastminute.com issues

Has anyone else had a problem with lastminute.com? Twice I've gone to use them through Skyscanner and found having booked a flight they don't actually have the flight available. What they appear to do is take the booking and then look for the flight for you. Then you lose access to your money for days. I am over 400 down and fighting them to get it back. They say the delay in confirmation is for security but reading the emails that is not the case. With a company like mytrip you get a confirmation instantly.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It's always better to book directly with the airlines themselves. The meagre savings the OTAs offer are almost always outweighed by their complete inability to sort things out when there is a problem.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
It's always better to book directly with the airlines themselves. The meagre savings the OTAs offer are almost always outweighed by their complete inability to sort things out when there is a problem.
Speaking from experience, a big +1. Had a horrible experience with Expedia last year on a change that Finnair (which I was flying) could have sorted out in a minute.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Judith Sharp, welcome to Flyertalk.

Since this pertains to an OTA (Online Travel Agent), we'll move this to the appropriate forum.
~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.