Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Anyone have experience with SnapTravel ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone have experience with SnapTravel ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:37 pm

Referral code

i googled snap travel promo code and found one for 10% off which worked.

Just did my first booking for them (an all inclusive in Mexico) and got about a suite going for 425+ online for less than 300 all in from them. Very happy IF it is honoredguess Ill check with hotel to confirm it.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:18 pm

Have used Snaptravel twice and have another booking next week. Their customer service is exemplary. Two weeks ago in NYC, they called ahead to get me an upgrade to a high floor with a great view!! I highly recommend Snaptravel. And their prices are consistently the lowest of any other app or website out there. Great job Snaptravel!!!
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:29 am

Legit from Bahrain - Oct 4, 2018

I came across snap travel a few days ago and had my own concerns which is how I came across this thread. Reading all the comments, I was about 75% sure it was a reliable service provider (25% due to my own paranoia triggered by previous bad experiences). I booked Sofitel Darb Al Zallag, Bahrain on October 4th, 2018 on a leap of faith plus pay on arrival (so nothing lost if it turned out to be a fraud) plus the rate I was quoted was better than anything else I checked.
The website re-directed me to booking.com - I honestly don't remember if the rate on booking.com when I checked it a few days earlier was the same as the price on snap travel but I don't remember being impressed when I checked booking.com 2-3 days before I came across snap travel.
So, the hotel was expecting me with the same requests I made. The check-in took forever but that was due to a mix up by the hotel, I believe.
All in all, I recommend snap travel and I will continue to use it.
and on a side note, I caught a flight after checking out of the hotel. The booking was made via google travel and it showed me a rate that looked very impressive. At the airport, I checked the airfare for the same exact flight on snap travel and it was about $70-100 cheaper than the booking made on the airlines website via google travel. Another decision I made this weekend is to check out these guys before I buy airline tickets.
Best of luck and happy traveling folks.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:22 am

I've used them 4 times. Good service. One hotel had difficulty finding the reservation, but other than that, excellent savings. Have a booking at the Marriott in a week so that will be 5th time.
Old May 1, 2019, 2:09 pm

Finished a 4-night stay in Hong Kong with the Lan Kwai Fong Hotel. Price was 1/3 the hotels.com rate and virtually every other OTA --- 66% savings! Was a bit paranoid that the reservation wouldn't be honored because the rate was so much lower than everywhere else (including the hotel's website). I emailed the hotel a few days later to confirm that I did, in fact, have a reservation, and they provided me a confirmation number. I asked for a high floor through SnapTravel, but I was put into low-mid floor. . .No sense in complaining with the rate I paid.

If you have some hesitation, you can always book through SnapTravel and then email the hotel directly to confirm that you have a reservation there.
Old May 27, 2019, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
How can they afford to have such low rates ? Lower margins in the hope of greater market penetration?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:54 am

I read an article about them awhile back. Supposedly they are very similar to Priceline as far as getting access to the undersold hotel rooms, but unlike Priceline, they got around the "not disclosing" the hotel name requirement by only supplying the prices via SMS, Facebook app and one other similar platform vs over the phone/web. I've used them a few times now and have had very positive experiences.

Some things that I noticed:

1. If you click the back button after clicking on a hotel that you're interested in, it seems to always deduct another $1.
2. If you search too often in a short period of time the prices will likely increase
3. It's really tough to get an agent early in the mornings for late check-out, but they are great about getting you upgraded for free in the afternoons/early evenings if you request an "agent" through the SMS text.
4. Not all of their prices are the cheapest...sometimes cheaptickets with a promo code or one of the other booking companies will still be better, but for the most part it does seem to be cheaper, sometimes even over 1/2 off. We got a beautiful suite with Hyatt recently for a fantastic price. It seemed to get cheaper from about 3pm on until we booked around 6pm.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by TravelingNomads
I read an article about them awhile back. Supposedly they are very similar to Priceline as far as getting access to the undersold hotel rooms, but unlike Priceline, they got around the "not disclosing" the hotel name requirement by only supplying the prices via SMS, Facebook app and one other similar platform vs over the phone/web. I've used them a few times now and have had very positive experiences.

Some things that I noticed:

1. If you click the back button after clicking on a hotel that you're interested in, it seems to always deduct another $1.
2. If you search too often in a short period of time the prices will likely increase
3. It's really tough to get an agent early in the mornings for late check-out, but they are great about getting you upgraded for free in the afternoons/early evenings if you request an "agent" through the SMS text.
4. Not all of their prices are the cheapest...sometimes cheaptickets with a promo code or one of the other booking companies will still be better, but for the most part it does seem to be cheaper, sometimes even over 1/2 off. We got a beautiful suite with Hyatt recently for a fantastic price. It seemed to get cheaper from about 3pm on until we booked around 6pm.
I see them advertise price on Kayak. I'm currently searching for a room in Vegas for July 9-12. It appears they are solid. I'm going to give them a shot
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:27 pm

They are great, I use them all the time. They are consistently lower in most cases
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by spainflyer
Yes, can we get an update -- was your reservation honored? I just tried to use GoSeek / SnapTravel to book a hotel in Copenhagen. Price was good, but was pre-pay only. Don't want to go that route if there is the possibility of hiccups. More data, please.

I called the hotel I booked through Snap Travel to confirm my reservation, because I had second thoughts about trusting this site. My hotel has NO RECORD of my reservation. The lady informed me that it takes 24 hours for third parties to forward reservations to the hotel. It had been a week at this point. Upon further investigation, Snap Travel is NOT registered with the BBB, another red flag. I am working with one of their travel agent ninjas at getting my money refunded. Thankfully I was able to cancel within my cancellation window. I will post again after the refund is posted on my bank account.
Their customer service is TERRIBLE!! Their phone number will not call you back, you have to either talk to a ninja via SMS or Facebook Messenger. I was told to hold for 45 minutes while they were supposed to be checking with the hotel to confirm my reservation. Then I got sick of waiting on them (any other site would have done it IMMEDIATELY, so I told them just to cancel my reservation. They said I wouldnt pay any fees, so I will also update on that as well. DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY! I should have done my research before booking my reservation, as there are multiple bad reviews online.
BEWARE OF SNAP TRAVEL AND BOOK ELSEWHERE!!!
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:39 pm

I'm torn on using this company.

Im looking at a $50/night difference on a stay if I use snaptravel.

The prices just seem too low. As the guy said above: how do they make their money? I'm fine with others making money. I do my best to save, and a business does it's best to be profitable. But I have a problem supporting a business if I don't understand how they make money.

Wondering if they are really just trying to collect your info and sell it?

Trip advisor has many bad reviews and the company has an F with bbb. I usually try to balance the overwhelmingly positive reviews and the super negative, but all reviews on either site seem to be super good or super terrible.

May not be worth the risk for a 2 night stay. Guess I'm just looking for someone to talk me into it so I can save $100!
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by maxp0wers
I'm torn on using this company.

Im looking at a $50/night difference on a stay if I use snaptravel.

The prices just seem too low. As the guy said above: how do they make their money? I'm fine with others making money. I do my best to save, and a business does it's best to be profitable. But I have a problem supporting a business if I don't understand how they make money.

Wondering if they are really just trying to collect your info and sell it?

Trip advisor has many bad reviews and the company has an F with bbb. I usually try to balance the overwhelmingly positive reviews and the super negative, but all reviews on either site seem to be super good or super terrible.

May not be worth the risk for a 2 night stay. Guess I'm just looking for someone to talk me into it so I can save $100!
I would not have any issue using them. BUT, like with ANY company I book with, I would call the hotel directly and confirm the booking.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist,
Has worked every time

Just another few data points. Have now used them twice with no issues for hotels in Vegas. In both cases they were significantly less expensive than other options, and it just plain worked.
TravelingNomads likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:50 am

Guys, like others have said, just call and confirm the booking directly with the hotel if you use them. I had the same issue with a random company for a week in Cancun once, but Snaptravel so far has been positive 100% for me and every booking that I've made has gone through as expected. I think I've used them 4 times now, possibly 5 and once they upgraded us to what looked like almost a presidential suite at the Hyatt. Two bedrooms + a living room, kitchen, lots of complimentary items, beautiful decor, inside waterfall & restaurant, koi fish, you get the idea. We didn't pay more than $55 - $65 and it was a larger city.

On the flip side, staff appears to be nonexistent during the mornings if you're trying to communicate with them. It seems like no-one is available until the afternoon and evening (US time) and only by texting. If you want an upgrade, be sure to go through the texting format on your phone to select "agent" and whatever it tells you. I tried to talk with them via laptop and got nowhere. The cellphone was successful though. Eventually you won't be speaking to a robot and will get an actual person that will call the hotel on your behalf to get you a nice upgrade. Same if you book say 1 bed, but really want 2 beds. They've done all sorts of things for me. Checkouts at 3pm, etc. for free because of a flight delay... I'm very happy with Snaptravel. I think you can go directly through them somehow, but I've been doing it from an app called Cheap Hotel. There is probably a better way to speak with them directly though.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 11:28 am

I just used snaptravel my experience was terrible when I got to the hotel they were overbooked and I did not get a room or even an apology for that matter.

the hotel could not give me a direct refund they refunded the virtual card that snaptravel uses and now I'm waiting on Snap travel to refund me and I have been waiting 2 weeks now and they are getting less and less responsive to my messages as to why it is taking so long to get my refund.

so beware if you use snaptravel it takes an act of Congress to get a refund!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.