Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Anyone have experience with SnapTravel ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Anyone here ever heard of or use snaptravel?

They offered me a hotel rate that I wasn't able to get from any of the other main sites, so I was thinking of giving them a shot.

Just wondering if anybody has had any past experiences with them, i.e. are they legit?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:45 am

Did you do it?

Hey I just found them too
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Yeah, I went through with it. Everything was on the up and up and worked out well, the hotel was there when I arrived at my City and they were aware of my reservation.

Would definitely use them again in the future if they are able to offer me a competitive rate at my time of need.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Exec, CITI Prestige, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold and all ever changing
I used them for a stopover in Houston in March on my way to vacation. It was very easy. The hotel was a St Regis, and when I called ahead of my arrival, they were well aware of my booking. Additionally, I got a text from ST the night before that they managed to get me a preferred room on a high floor. I did indeed get a high floor and a room with a view, but, not sure what was involved or how much they actually had to do to get it for me. I am SPG gold. The hotel did honor my status without asking. I would definitly use them again.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:52 am

If you send them a text and then don't respond, you'll get a message saying that if you find a cheaper price, take a screenshot and send it to them. They'll match it and then discount it by another 10%. I'm surprised they haven't become more popular just for that reason.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: US,AA
Any recent usage? I have a book through them for the FS Orlando and the hotel will not confirm my reservation and will not match. Just wanted to see if anyone had recent experience
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingNomads
If you send them a text and then don't respond, you'll get a message saying that if you find a cheaper price, take a screenshot and send it to them. They'll match it and then discount it by another 10%. I'm surprised they haven't become more popular just for that reason.
I am going through this exact issue right now with snaptravel. I booked the FS DISNEY for late November and just now am being told by the hotel that they will not honor the rate. Snaptravel has yet to fix it. Please let me know if they fix your issue.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: IATA
Hey, what happened with this? Any response?
Dawn Marie likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Lauren Newmeyer
I am going through this exact issue right now with snaptravel. I booked the FS DISNEY for late November and just now am being told by the hotel that they will not honor the rate. Snaptravel has yet to fix it. Please let me know if they fix your issue.

was your reservation honored?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 3:22 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Yes, can we get an update -- was your reservation honored? I just tried to use GoSeek / SnapTravel to book a hotel in Copenhagen. Price was good, but was pre-pay only. Don't want to go that route if there is the possibility of hiccups. More data, please.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I've had one stay via SnapTravel for 2-3 nights (don't recall). After a 10% discount code, they had the cheapest price compared to all other standard OTAs, even those like Orbitz/CheapTickets that offer 15-16% off coupons.

My stay was flawless, and even the special request I listed in the additional information/special requests text box was honored (including a personalized reply back regarding the request from SnapTravel).

I would happily use them again, should my booking requirements and their price be a match.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

I just finished pulling the trigger on booking a 2 night stay via Snap once again. I searched and searched and they beat out all their competitors by $10, so why not.

This will be my second time booking with them.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:50 am

I have used them twice now, with great success. They are very responsive thru their messaging system.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:05 am

How does one get a ten percent discount code? Is it like orbitz, that there are a lot of such codes out there, or is it a onetime thing for new customers?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jared Ito
How does one get a ten percent discount code? Is it like orbitz, that there are a lot of such codes out there, or is it a onetime thing for new customers?
You need a referral code, I think it's a one time thing for new customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.