Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Rant: Travelocity's Booking Engine is Beyond Useless

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 1:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC

The only reason we use this stupid company is for the points we have through the Travelocity Amex card...absent that, we would never go near them.

Time after time their booking engine fails to show all the available flight options or displays incorrect pricing. If you look at flights on the airline's website or any GDS tool, you see everything that is available with the correct price - but trying to replicate that itinerary on Travelocity is impossible - most of the flights won't show up.

Calling Travelocity's VIP line results in an agent who is not a real travel agent...then you need to escalate to a supervisor who then states it's their policy that no tickets are reserved off a GDS, but only through their website - so why does the website show limited options instead of everything available through the GDS? I have no idea grrrrrr

I would like to find a management or executive contact at Travelocity who can explain this stupidity.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 5:42 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to the Online Booking Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Mar 21, 2013, 6:30 pm

I stopped using Travelocity a long time ago. It's a shame because i really like their gnome mascot.

Their user interface sucks too.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Can't really help the OP, but I would say that the problems the OP is describing seem to happen on Expedia, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.