Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody use YourRoomKey,com?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HH Gold, National Executive, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by YRKInsider
1. YRK rates are eligible for loyalty program
I just joined a few weeks ago and found a lower fare at YRK for a Radisson hotel, however, your website stated that most bookings are eligible for loyalty programs. The reservation screen did not indicate one way or another, so I ended up booking via the hotel's site versus YRK. Can you tell us why it states most?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 8:25 am
In memoriam

Thank you. Do you accept very last minute reservations; i.e., an hour before checkin?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by carwag25
I just joined a few weeks ago and found a lower fare at YRK for a Radisson hotel, however, your website stated that most bookings are eligible for loyalty programs. The reservation screen did not indicate one way or another, so I ended up booking via the hotel's site versus YRK. Can you tell us why it states most?
Looks like we need to revise our verbiage since you would have earned points at the lower rate!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Sheryl
Thank you. Do you accept very last minute reservations; i.e., an hour before checkin?
Hotels have varying cutoff times for accepting computerized reservations and YRK is governed by those times.

That said I just completed a trip to Texas where I booked three different reservations from the parking lots of the hotels that I wanted to stay at and encountered no problems when I checked in less than 5 minutes later.

At time of booking you receive an instant confirmation which is followed by an email confirmation within minutes.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
YRK rates are eligible for loyalty program point accruals.
I have not used YRK, but just thought I would warn people that this is likely not true. While YRK may not bar their bookings from earning points, most hotels only provide points on rooms booked directly through the hotel and associated websites. I would carefully look at the hotel loyalty program's T&Cs before assuming you will earn points.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by doctor15
I have not used YRK, but just thought I would warn people that this is likely not true. While YRK may not bar their bookings from earning points, most hotels only provide points on rooms booked directly through the hotel and associated websites. I would carefully look at the hotel loyalty program's T&Cs before assuming you will earn points.
The key here is you haven't used YRK.

Our members have earned points without any problem when staying at Hiltons, Holiday Inns, Hyatts, Intercontinentals, Marriotts and Westins throughout the world.

Please don't group YRK with Priceline and other sites whose rates explicitly exclude loyalty program accruals.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 2:07 pm
In memoriam

YRKInsider, what doctor 15 said is actually true and it doesn't just refer to opaque sites.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 2:32 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I tried to use YRK

When i tried to use YRK I was told via the web site that

I had to apply to register
I had to provide info incl my FT and MP handles
etc

then when I submitted the info I recd an email that said they were swamped w/ apps and it would be along time before they got to mine.

Sorry this just doesn't cut it. qualify for the site on several criteria and have now been told it'll take forever.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by squeakr
When i tried to use YRK I was told via the web site that

I had to apply to register
I had to provide info incl my FT and MP handles
etc

then when I submitted the info I recd an email that said they were swamped w/ apps and it would be along time before they got to mine.

Sorry this just doesn't cut it. qualify for the site on several criteria and have now been told it'll take forever.
Well "forever" has turned out to be less than 5 hrs!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:58 pm

except the password you sent doesn't work

FAIL I would say.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 8:19 pm

FAIL I would say.
You have PM if you'd like to make this work.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 9:44 am

OK fixed.....

don't know what the issue was but I am now a proud member of YRK

London hotel choice was still too expensive but I'll be looking forward for domestic deals for future travel.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Was that because this specific problem was highlighted on FT?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:09 am

I'm guessing yes.

Originally Posted by lougord99
Was that because this specific problem was highlighted on FT?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:43 pm

don't know what the issue was but I am now a proud member of YRK

London hotel choice was still too expensive but I'll be looking forward for domestic deals for future travel.
Wondering whether you've had an opportunity to use YRK for your domestic travel yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.