Wiki Posts
Search

Prices in different currencies

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, TG GLD
Prices in different currencies

Since I like to book in USD and in local currency, I notice sometimes that different expedia country sites have really different prices and availability!

Any way to find the best deal across currencies and websites? Is there a meta tool or something.

And any ideas why do they do such different pricing...
Old Oct 19, 2011, 4:16 pm
B1

The various non-US Expedia sites (and their venere and hotel.com sites) have differences well beyond currency. They are operated by different agencies and negotiate their own contracts. I am most familiar with the site for Canada and have done better with rental cars. I am lazy and stick with the Canadian one because it's in my home currency and avoids conversion charges.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by B1
The various non-US Expedia sites (and their venere and hotel.com sites) have differences well beyond currency. They are operated by different agencies and negotiate their own contracts. I am most familiar with the site for Canada and have done better with rental cars. I am lazy and stick with the Canadian one because it's in my home currency and avoids conversion charges.
^^^
Other country site will bill in the local currency which will be converted to your card's currency for a fee. There are also different tax structure buying tickets in certain countries.

Some sites will not accept foreign credit cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.