Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

last minute Int'l. hotel stay - whats the best website?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2011, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Starwood Plat, Marriott Plat

Due to my job, I find myself often having to make last minute changes and last minute bookings for hotels. Was wondering what the very best website is for the hotel piece, especially internationally. And when I'm saying last minute, it literally can be the day of, depending how my schedule changes. I have used hotels.com in the past, expedia, priceline - but not found anything that great, in fact I've had better rates calling preferred hotels directly or just showing up even.

Was wondering basically, if a hotel (as an example) has 20 rooms unbooked, its 6pm, is there a way they market this excess capacity, to try and get some additional revenues.

p.s. I searched past threads and couldn't find any specific improvements on above.

Last edited by dunkie26; Oct 11, 2011 at 5:54 am
Old Oct 11, 2011, 6:19 am

Try Hotel Tonight - an app for your smart phone - They put up 3 hotel deals per city at noon on the day of your stay.... They have some pretty good deals

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...tonight-2.html
Old Oct 11, 2011, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Starwood Plat, Marriott Plat
Robert, I checked this one and din't see anything for international travel/locations.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 8:53 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
With a slight thread title edit to show the OP's interest in Int'l. properties, please follow as the thread moves to the Online travel Booking and Bidding forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 9:25 am

Sorry didn't realize it was for Intl
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:31 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
laterooms.com

one of several I suppose but i like them the best
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:19 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
I have had good luck with Expedia with refundable rooms. If I need to cancel, no problems with the refund process and their call center has performed well.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: Too many
Depends where in the world sometimes!
Wotif
Booking.com
Asia rooms
Agoda

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.