Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Bidding for air tickets on Priceline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bidding for air tickets on Priceline

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Been looking all over the PL website trying to find where to bid on a one way airline ticket. I have used both FIrefox and IE10 browsers. I don't need or want a RT ticket. Does anyone here have a LINK to the PL wensite page where I can submit a bid on a ONE WAY ticket, or have instructions on how to do so. Thanks.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Try this link first:

http://www.priceline.com/flights/?js...03782&plf=PCLN

Click the yellow tab one-way

Look below the section where you enter orig/destination/date, etc, where you see Name Your Own Price and click on the green tab bid now. It will then open an area for you to enter orig/dest/date and you'll be in the NYOP section to begin the bidding process.

Good luck.

Last edited by BEAV; Jun 5, 2013 at 3:50 pm
Old Jun 12, 2013, 4:13 pm

I have stopped using Priceline as I can find better deals for my flights on other websites where I can get miles. For instance on Expedia I will choose Alaska Airlines on the outbound to LAX and Delta on the Return to SJC. I figure that Southwest airlines is more pricey say $177 for the dates when I got it for $160.

I don't mind valet checking my bags but I do mind the long lines of Southwest, no assigned seats etc.

On Priceline you could be arriving LAX at an odd hour and I would pay the extra cost just to avoid the traffic or long security lines.

With lounge access it is vital that the terminal I fly out of has at least one lounge close to the gate. With the US Airways lounge moving out of Terminal 1 this negates WN. I enjoy being able to use the Alaska BR and walk over to the Delta Terminal. I also use the Club@SJC and ReLAX lounge at LAX. If I have UA day passes I use them too.

I also want to earn miles and woe is me if the flight is delayed or cancelled its better to be on a published fare.

NYOP is for the novice or very leisure traveler. I would much rather fly the nonstop to JFK again $50 -$100 is not a bad price to pay. If I can fly on mainline jets such as AA Transcon etc or use miles to upgrade to First Class all the more better. Once I got a SJC-JFK flight for $196 on AA and used my miles to upgrade. This was a deal. I could not find the same route on Priceline for the price.

Another time I found a SFO-HNL-KOA flight for $400 on AA and used miles to upgrade. I tried this bid on Priceline and the rebid offer was $430 and you could not use miles or upgrade.

Yet another scenario SFO-CDG I found an Air France ticket for $650 but Priceline's offer was $600 and connecting via DFW on AA took the AF flight nonstop for $50 more got miles and a Business Class seat due to an oversell.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 4:22 pm

Very sensible to get the miles this way.

Originally Posted by danielonn
I have stopped using Priceline as I can find better deals for my flights on other websites where I can get miles. For instance on Expedia I will choose Alaska Airlines on the outbound to LAX and Delta on the Return to SJC. I figure that Southwest airlines is more pricey say $177 for the dates when I got it for $160.

I don't mind valet checking my bags but I do mind the long lines of Southwest, no assigned seats etc.

On Priceline you could be arriving LAX at an odd hour and I would pay the extra cost just to avoid the traffic or long security lines.

With lounge access it is vital that the terminal I fly out of has at least one lounge close to the gate. With the US Airways lounge moving out of Terminal 1 this negates WN. I enjoy being able to use the Alaska BR and walk over to the Delta Terminal. I also use the Club@SJC and ReLAX lounge at LAX. If I have UA day passes I use them too.

I also want to earn miles and woe is me if the flight is delayed or cancelled its better to be on a published fare.

NYOP is for the novice or very leisure traveler. I would much rather fly the nonstop to JFK again $50 -$100 is not a bad price to pay. If I can fly on mainline jets such as AA Transcon etc or use miles to upgrade to First Class all the more better. Once I got a SJC-JFK flight for $196 on AA and used my miles to upgrade. This was a deal. I could not find the same route on Priceline for the price.

Another time I found a SFO-HNL-KOA flight for $400 on AA and used miles to upgrade. I tried this bid on Priceline and the rebid offer was $430 and you could not use miles or upgrade.

Yet another scenario SFO-CDG I found an Air France ticket for $650 but Priceline's offer was $600 and connecting via DFW on AA took the AF flight nonstop for $50 more got miles and a Business Class seat due to an oversell.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 7:51 pm

Question Bill information on NYOP for canada can't be completed

Originally Posted by azzaro
Yeah..it did not work..I put in bids of $150 and $175..all I can afford.
So yeah..greyhound it is for me (a long 15 hour trip-one way!).
I tried to complete the BILLING INFORMATION on the NYOP page but it doesn't accept Canadian address so I could not bid for Air ticket and hotel room for Europe. I wrote couple of emails to Priceline.com to address this issue but no response from them. Is that really Priceline people don't care for their customers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.