Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Using MS Bing to Book a flight: It uses two airlines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:21 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

I just discovered MS Bing. It comes up with an ideal itinerary for me that is $100 less than what I had found myself. My issue. It uses 3 CO flights and one AS flight to complete the round trip.

Normally I would always use just one airline for convenience.

My Question: What happens if my CO flight is delayed and I miss the connection on AS... am out of luck? Who is responsible for getting me to my final destination?

Thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 12:04 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
As long as it's on one PNR it should be OK.

That said, you might try to see if you can get CO.com to offer up the same flights and try for the best fare guarantee... you can always refund within 24 hours if they don't give you the lower fare + ETC.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by mbreuer
As long as it's on one PNR it should be OK.
More specifically, as long as it's on one PNR, both carriers are jointly responsible for getting you to your destination in the event of a misconnect. There's nothing to worry about - you will be taken care of. If you book the same flights on different PNR's, then a misconnect is your problem.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 12:55 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Steve M
More specifically, as long as it's on one PNR, both carriers are jointly responsible for getting you to your destination in the event of a misconnect. There's nothing to worry about - you will be taken care of. If you book the same flights on different PNR's, then a misconnect is your problem.
Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2009, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
You should see this thread over Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies Forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onlin...ng-travel.html

According to their Support Section, I doubt Bing Travel would offer seamless assistance with multiple carriers (they list contact number for each airline). You may want to carefully study their FAQs:

http://www.bing.com/travel/about/faq.do
Old Oct 21, 2009, 2:30 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
You guys are sure much more trusting of the airlines than my experience has been.

Most times the airlines pass the buck when there are problems. What airlines "should" do and what airlines actually do is often different. And that "both carriers are jointly responsible for getting you to your destination in the event of a misconnect" is another term for "neither airline will take responsibility."

Hopefully the airlines will help you, but to state outright it is their policy without quoting a source is a bit dangerous.

And with Alaska Air, many destinations they fly to have only 1-2 flights a day. If you miss a connection to AS, you might get accommodated on a flight the next day, but you would almost certainly be responsible for your own lodging and meals.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 2:33 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the Online Booking Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.