Who will be the next oneworld member? + New membership announcements [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2016, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JAXBA
FAQ

When is [insert airline here] joining oneworld???
Which airlines are lined up to join?
See list below and
https://www.oneworld.com/member-airlines/overview
Another useful page for official announcements is: https://www.oneworld.com/news-information/oneworldnews

Current members elect (officially announced and currently aligning processes):

WY - Oman Air
Announced 20JUN22, with a target of '2024' - no indication yet when in 2024 this may be. https://www.oneworld.com/news/2022-0...-join-oneworld

Expected members:

FJ - Fiji Airways
Currently the only oneworld Connect member, FJ stated 28FEB24 that they would like to seek full membership and would apply in Q3 2024.Full membership may still take until 2025/2026. #1489 and https://onemileatatime.com/news/fiji-airways-oneworld/

EI - Aer Lingus
EI's new owners, IAG (owners of existing members BA+IB), stated before acquisition that they fully intended EI to rejoin, and have restated the intention since completing the purchase. EI has not yet been publically 'invited' by oneworld but should join eventually. When? When it's announced... When will EI become a full member of Oneworld?
Originally Posted by Willie Walsh via USA Today - 18NOV16
Walsh said it was too early to set a precise date for when Aer Lingus might officially join.
“We don’t have a specific timeline. We’re working as quickly as we can," he said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...-ceo/94064688/

Potential members:
Well, that's what the discussion below is all about! Heard a rumour? Think oneworld should chase a particular airline to join or switch? Make your case!

Print Wikipost

Who will be the next oneworld member? + New membership announcements [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wijibintheair
And Royal Air Maroc it is - estimated mid 2020 to be fully integrated
https://www.oneworld.com/news-inform..._col_count%3D7
Royal Air Maroc is to join oneworld®, adding one of Africa’s leading and fastest growing airlines to the world’s premier airline alliance.

Its election as a oneworld member designate was announced as the Chief Executives of the alliance’s 13 current member airlines gathered in New York for their year-end Governing Board meeting, just weeks before the alliance celebrates the 20th anniversary of its launch.

Royal Air Maroc is expected to be implemented into oneworld in mid-2020, when it will start flying alongside some of the biggest and best brands in the airline business. Its regional subsidiary Royal Air Maroc Express will join as a oneworld affiliate member at the same time.
<snip>
Originally Posted by clubeurope
From the Fiji Sun today
It appears that tomorrow's OneWorld conference will also encompass Fiji's connect membership coming into effect.
Editorial: Fiji Airways New Max 8 Aircraft A Win-Win | Fiji Sun
Airways starts flying as a oneworld connect partner from today (Wednesday 5 December) – as the first airline globally to link up to the world’s premier alliance via this new membership platform.

Fiji Airways is now starting to display the new oneworld connect branding on its aircraft fuselages by the main passenger doors, on signage at airports and on other many other items of stationery and marketing collateral.
<snip>
Old Dec 5, 2018, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
RAM in: https://www.oneworld.com/news-inform..._col_count%3D7
Old Dec 5, 2018, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Post deleted as 2 new threads merged into the master thread

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Dec 5, 2018 at 6:56 pm
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Royal Air Maroc / AT to join oneworld ~mid-2020 (5 Dec 2018 announcement)

Royal Air Maroc to join oneworld - link to oneworld announcement. In part:

Royal Air Maroc (AT / RAM) is expected to be implemented into oneworld in mid-2020, when it will start flying alongside some of the biggest and best brands in the airline business. Its regional subsidiary Royal Air Maroc Express will join as a oneworld affiliate member at the same time.

From then, the recruits will offer the full range of oneworld customer services and benefits, with the one million plus members of Royal Air Maroc’s Safar Flyer loyalty programme able to earn and redeem rewards on all oneworld member airlines, and with its top tier members able to use the alliance’s more than 650 airport lounges worldwide.

Royal Air Maroc is today the largest unaligned carrier in Africa – with a transformational strategy well underway to develop it quickly into a truly global airline and the continent’s leader in terms of both size and quality.
It carried 7.3 million passengers last year on a fleet of 55 aircraft, with a network that currently connects its Casablanca base with 94 destinations in 49 countries across Africa, Europe, the Middle East and North and South America, including oneworld hubs Doha, London Heathrow, Madrid, Moscow Domodedovo, New York JFK and Sao Paulo.

Its schedule today will add 34 new destinations and 21 countries to the oneworld map, taking the alliance’s network to 1,069 airports in 178 countries and territories.
link to Royal Air Maroc Route Map on www.royalairmaroc.com

Cities currently served in Americas: Montreal, New York, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Washington DC.
Main cities served in Europe: Amsterdam, Brussels, Frankfurt, Istanbul, Lisbon, London, Madrid, Moscow, Paris, Rome, Zurich
Extensive service north and west Africa
No service to Indian subcontinent, Asia, Australasia

Current and future (+) fleet: (Wikipedia)

ATR 72-600 5 + 1 C12, Y58 (Royal Air Maroc Express)

Boeing 737-700 6 C12, Y120 and Y138

Boeing 737-800 31 C12, Y159; C12, Y165 and Y183

Boeing 737 MAX 8 — +4 C12, Y144

Boeing 767-300ER 3 C12, Y224 and C10, Y227

Boeing 787-8 5 — C18, Y256

Boeing 787-9 — +4 (seating TBA)

Embraer 190 4 C12, Y84

link to SeatGuru RAM page linking to seat charts

link to The Points Guy review of 787-8 Business class JFK-CMN (fully lie flat seats 2-2-2)

link to Boarding Area review 787-8 Business class DOH-CMN

787-8 c/o World Airline News
Attached Images  

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 5, 2018 at 5:10 pm
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Existing threads where this is being discussed today
Rumour: Oneworld to announce Member 5th December

Last posts of --->https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onew...merged-31.html
JDiver likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:18 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
I've merged several threads with this existing one and have edited the title to include announcements.

Gardyloo
Oneworld moderator
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:26 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
It should be an interesting addition to Oneworld, and offers service to a big blank area in the alliance's coverage in sub-Saharan Africa. I hope that RAM might be convinced eventually to add a service to JNB, since intra-Africa access to the southern part of the continent is so lacking.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
No, I was talking about something else, unrelated to new members. When a currency is devalued, the price of OW tickets in that currency goes down relative to, say, USD or GBP, until the fares adjusted. The slower that OW is in figuring it out and making the necessary adjustments, the longer we have to take advantage of the lower fares. Viz RGN, CAI and others over the years.
Yes, I'm aware of this. I guess we have differing interests. I care more about OW filling some of the holes in their coverage map so I can actually get to the places I want to travel more effectively and efficiently. So I personally would like to see seem pick up their tempo and accomplish things faster. Or, at least not make marketing announcements with banners and all that crap until they are actually ready to integrate and launch.

Regards
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Wait a minute.
Its election as a oneworld member designate was announced as the Chief Executives of the alliance’s 13 current member airlines gathered in New York for their year-end Governing Board meeting, just weeks before the alliance celebrates the 20th anniversary of its launch.
20th anniversary of OneWorld? Doesn't that mean a 20% off sale on OW alliance fares???
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:37 am

Their 20th anniversary is on February 2019, right?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
AT joining is great news. I have flown them a fair amount, but I always said I would fly them much more if they were in one of the 3 alliances. This opens up many new African cities to OW.

A few years ago I judged AT to be one of the best "Euro" airlines in medium haul business class. I say Euro because flying from Europe to Morocco is so short it feels like you are still in Europe. And the service was far better than AF, BA, LH, etc. Free pour Laurent Perrier Champagne, great food, etc. I've flown to and from Casa from Paris, Amsterdam, Milan and mostly Lyon.

I think the last time I took AT the service had downgraded a bit. I hope this news and the fact that they won't officially join til 2020 means that they will be back again to being a great airline.
JDiver likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Wait a minute.20th anniversary of OneWorld? Doesn't that mean a 20% off sale on OW alliance fares???
Do we actually have time to fly another xONEx fare?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by pbd456
Do we actually have time to fly another xONEx fare?
At 20% off? You betcha!
Calchas likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
What does oneworld connect means? What benefits would members from other OW program get?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ausriver
What does oneworld connect means? What benefits would members from other OW program get?
Not a lot it seems, if your ffp was already associated with Fiji, as QF & AA are.
https://www.oneworld-connect.com/ Has link to lounge access info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.