Wiki Posts
Search

OW JFK Terminal 7 lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2008, 3:15 pm
Used to be 'martinnj99'
Original Poster

OW JFK Terminal 7 lounges

We're traveling on the IB AA codeshare JFK-MAD. As OW Emerald will we be able to use the BA FIRST lounge at JFK?

What lounge do you recommend for T7? BA, IB and QF all fly out but I've never flown out of T7 so I do not know if they have 1 common lounge or separate ones...
Old Jul 1, 2008, 6:22 pm

I like the Concorde Lounge at T7 or the colorful Terrace Lounge; don't really care for the First Class lounge as much.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 7:55 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
IB does not have a lounge there and its passengers definitely use the BA lounges; I believe the same is true of QF though now that I think of it, I've never heard a QF flight called there.
The Concorde Room is quite nice, but only open to F passengers or Concorde cardholders. It's downstairs past the BA F/J security line. (Speaking of which, you should try to use that security line, which is at the back of the far left of T7; just keep walking past the IB checkin desk; much more civilized.) As a OW Emerald, you should be able to use the F lounge upstairs; it is not very appealing, but DOES have champagne and usually better wines. It's on the left of the big reception desk inside the Terraces lounge. I'm fond of the Terraces Lounge. It's big and has several different areas; I'm partial to the lounge chairs. I'd grab a glass of champagne in the F lounge and then head over to Terraces. Supposedly, you can just ask for a glass of champagne in the Terraces lounge and they'll bring it to you, but I've never tested it.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 8:33 pm

Programs: AS, Hyatt
The BA Terraces Lounge at JFK is fantastic! I was in there for the inaugural OpenSkies flight to Paris a week ago, and it is MUCH nicer than ANY AA Flagship Lounge or Admirals Club that I have been to.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by bobovespa
The BA Terraces Lounge at JFK is fantastic! I was in there for the inaugural OpenSkies flight to Paris a week ago, and it is MUCH nicer than ANY AA Flagship Lounge or Admirals Club that I have been to.
I was wondering if Open Skies folks had lounge access and if so, which lounge at T7. I couldn't find any information on this on the OS website.

One nice thing about the AA Flagship Lounge at JFK T8 is the food set out at meal times--sort of a mini pre flight dining.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by rfrost
The Concorde Room is quite nice, but only open to F passengers or Concorde cardholders.

And how does one obtain a Concorde card, now that BA no longer offers Concorde service?
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:23 pm
Used to be 'martinnj99'
Original Poster

Could someone elaborate on the difference between the Concorde Lounge and the FIRST lounge?

I'm familiar with the Terraces lounges but never heard of the Concorde.

Also, is the food better (a la Flagship lounge) at any one of the three?
Old Jul 2, 2008, 3:46 am
chj

Programs: BA, UA, DL
The Concorde Rooms (known as the "CCR") are BA lounges at JFK and LHR outside and above the standard OneWorld lounge system. They are open to three groups of passengers: those travelling in BA First (and possibly CX and/or QF, I can't remember), BAEC Premier members (an undocumented super-tier roughly similar to AA Concierge Key but requiring significantly higher levels of spend. I believe prospective members are submitted by the BAEC to the board of British Airways Plc for approval.) and holders of Concorde Room cards, which were given to very frequent travellers on the Concorde when it was retired.

OneWorld Emeralds including BAEC Golds are entitled only to the normal F lounges, which ironically are usually empty of F passengers at JFK and LHR.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I am also flying IB out of T7, can I use the Flagship at T8, can I even get in T8 with an IB boarding pass? Are the terminals T7-T8 connected airside? Does the BA GF lounge in T7 have real lunch?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nk15
I am also flying IB out of T7, can I use the Flagship at T8, can I even get in T8 with an IB boarding pass? Are the terminals T7-T8 connected airside? Does the BA GF lounge in T7 have real lunch?
Hi. T7 and 8 are not connected airside at all, there isn't even an airside shuttle bus between them. I suspect you may not be able to enter T8 with a T7 bp, and I am not sure whether the AA lounge would admit you. Unless you have a lot of time anyway I really wouldn't recommend trying it.

In terms of lounges in T7 you would have access to the GF presuming you are a OWE. However, the GF has been closed since January and is undergoing refurbishment. It looks like it may be reopening imminently, possibly this Friday, so I don't know how that fits with your travel date. More information here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...er-notice.html
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KARFA
Hi. T7 and 8 are not connected airside at all, there isn't even an airside shuttle bus between them. I suspect you may not be able to enter T8 with a T7 bp, and I am not sure whether the AA lounge would admit you. Unless you have a lot of time anyway I really wouldn't recommend trying it.

In terms of lounges in T7 you would have access to the GF presuming you are a OWE. However, the GF has been closed since January and is undergoing refurbishment. It looks like it may be reopening imminently, possibly this Friday, so I don't know how that fits with your travel date. More information here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...er-notice.html
Ok, thanks, I am flying Y so I hope there will be real food and not just sandwiches, although it seems it will be another BA lounge abroad tragedy unfolding, restricting food to J passengers only...
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
You should have no trouble with accessing T8. It's been over three years since the rules were relaxed.

If it is mentioned at T8 security regarding your flight departing T7, tell them T8 has better facilities etc.

It should be no issue at all accessing the T8 AA lounges.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serfty
You should have no trouble with accessing T8. It's been over three years since the rules were relaxed.

If it is mentioned at T8 security regarding your flight departing T7, tell them T8 has better facilities etc.

It should be no issue at all accessing the T8 AA lounges.
Thanks, I may try, I have 5 hours connecting through LGA. Does either T7 or T8 have TSA priority security lines? Will I get TSA pre on an IB outbound boarding pass?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
... Will I get TSA pre on an IB outbound boarding pass?
The following indicates no:

TSA Pre✓® Participating Airlines
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I ended going through T8 first, they also had the flagship check in where they whisked me to the front of the security line, it was a breeze getting to the flagship lounge even without precheck...After that it was one stop on the AirTran to T7, where there were some miserable finger sandwiches and some cheese in the galleries first lounge, which it took them 45 minutes to set up. They only cool thing was the apple sider...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.