Reload this Page >

oneworld xONEx online booking tool [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

oneworld xONEx online booking tool [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2008, 10:39 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Note: With e-ticketing, there is a function called "Present Credit Card" indicator, also known as "PCC".

When purchasing tickets over the phone or online, some airlines (I know CX does this for their website) would add the PCC to the e-ticket record. This is done to prevent fraud.

With the PCC in the e-ticket record, the passenger would be required to show the credit card used to purchase the ticket at check-in. If for whatever reason he cannot present the credit card, he will be denied boarding unless he makes another payment either by cash or another credit card. (In the case of CX, for third party bookings, the credit card holder will need to visit a CX office to sign a credit card slip)

So in theory, you can have the carrier price the XONEX using the price as if it was sold in the country of origin. Then you would call the carrier's ticket office in the country of origin and give them your credit card number. The carrier should have no problem accepting the credit card as they can input the "PCC" into the e-ticket.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 11:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Which is OK if the ticketing airline is the one flying the first segment, but I suspect the airlines wouldn't trust each other to do that properly otherwise.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 1:29 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by christep
No it's NOT. The fare is absolutely nothing to do with the billing country of your credit card.

The fare is based on the point of purchase. This is completely independent of the billing country of your credit card.
I second christep, and there are some complicated issues about billing address.
The billing addoress(country) of credit card and the contry in which card are issued are not always same.
For example, I have a credit cards issued in HK,UK,JP. All cards' billing address are my real residence in Japan. So, you can not determine 'real billing address' by the country in which credit card are issued.

FYI, charged currecny are not alwasy same one used in issued country.
Some banks in Japan issued USD credit cards. Some banks in UK issued USD and EUR based credit cards.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by daniellam
Note: With e-ticketing, there is a function called "Present Credit Card" indicator, also known as "PCC".

With the PCC in the e-ticket record, the passenger would be required to show the credit card used to purchase the ticket at check-in. If for whatever reason he cannot present the credit card, he will be denied boarding unless he makes another payment either by cash or another credit card. (In the case of CX, for third party bookings, the credit card holder will need to visit a CX office to sign a credit card slip)

Can they really refuse you boarding if you refuse to pay again - or have the inability to pay again? As you know, it's not uncommon for credit card details to become compromised - when that happens the card issuer usually requires the compromised card to be destroyed and will issue a new card with a completely different number. This would make it more than a tad difficult to present the original card with which the booking was made! Surely all that should be required is for proper identification to be offered?
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Biggles68
Can they really refuse you boarding if you refuse to pay again - or have the inability to pay again?
Yes they do. Whether it would stand up in court were they sued for damages I'm not sure, but I wish someone would put it to the test - it is an absolute pain when trying to buy tickets for other people to come and visit you. When I first encountered this my fiancee and I had to do some rapid negotiations with credit card companies by phone whilst she was standing at the CX check-in desk in Manila. If time had been tighter or the credit card companies been unco-operative then she would have been denied boarding.

This is one of the reasons we now don't use CX to fly to The Philippines - there's no such messing around from Tiger Airways.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
But if you're buying a ticket for a friend, can't you use a PTA?
Old Sep 12, 2008, 9:58 pm

Programs: Starwood, SQ PPS, BA EXEC
With E-TKTing, PTA's are a thing of the past....I dont think they are used anymore...What you can do is have the cardholder present themselves at the airport and have the card swiped..>Then as long as it is an 'in person transaction' there is no problem...

However, if the cardholder is in one country and if the fare requires ticketing to be in another country, that is where the problem lies
Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:50 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by thetravelguy
With E-TKTing, PTA's are a thing of the past....I dont think they are used anymore...What you can do is have the cardholder present themselves at the airport and have the card swiped..>Then as long as it is an 'in person transaction' there is no problem...

However, if the cardholder is in one country and if the fare requires ticketing to be in another country, that is where the problem lies
PTAs actually still exist even with e-ticketing.

(With the use of paper IATA traffic documents discountinued, travel agents now have to issue a vMPD via BSPLink if they need to issue a PTA).

For tickets originating ex-MNL (and other cities in the Philippines) that are sold outside the Philippines, PTAs are still required. The only difference is that when the pax picks up the ticket in the Philippines, the ticket will be issued as an e-ticket.

This is due to a Filipino governemnt regulation where Filipino passport holders must pay a travel tax when purchasing tickets. This rule prevents Filipino passport holders from avoiding the tax by purchasing airline tickets outside the country.

A similar rule applies for ex-CMB tickets (due to monetary restrictions in Sri Lanka).
Old Sep 13, 2008, 10:49 am

Location: Based in London but away ~4 months a year, often in Bali
Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I've never had the AA rtw desk even question how I was going to pay for an xonex originating in another country let alone try to make me commit to purchasing it in a certain manner or with a certain credit card.
I've certainly had a conversation in which I was prompted to say I would use a local GSA to ticket. But the key point seems to be just this: AA have an easy way for you to set up a validated xONEx itin priced as per where it starts. Yet you can't freely pay for that price and get it ticketed - how ("where") you do so is considered connected to whether or not the pricing is valid.

I'd love a OW online tool that lets me promptly set-up, validate & price an itin. GSAa in far flung places generally cope far better when the itin is that ready to ticket. I'd love it even more if I could freely pay online by credit card without messing up the pricing, but I can see that's doing something more new and thus won't hold my breath.

Last edited by manar; Sep 14, 2008 at 8:19 pm
Old Nov 14, 2008, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver
June 2 - "Oneworld® is set to be the first in the travel industry to sell multi-airline round-the-world air fares on-line.

It is on track to launch its on-line booking facility in the next few months"

I appreciate there was a lot more to factor in before going live, but any news on this?
Old Nov 14, 2008, 7:14 pm
Suspended

I guess they made the mistake of announcing it before talking to the experts (i.e. us).
Old Dec 9, 2008, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Hey guess what? It's alive!
http://www.oneworld.com/

On the home page click on Round-theWorld Booking Tool or find it here:
http://www.oneworld.com/?infotab=booking
Old Dec 9, 2008, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Hey guess what? It's alive!
http://www.oneworld.com/

On the home page click on Round-theWorld Booking Tool or find it here:
http://www.oneworld.com/?infotab=booking
Don't forget where you heard it first:

http://www.travelingbetter.com/forum...ad.php?p=21139
Old Dec 9, 2008, 4:16 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Anybody been able to get it to load.
Mine gets the blue bar to near 100% but doesn't load.

Using Flash Version 9,0,124,0 on WinXP so should be OK as it says Flash 9 and above. Itin Planner and Flight Map worked previously.

FAQ is weird. Still refers to demo. No information on payment methods.
http://www.oneworld.com/ow/flight-in...y-planner-help

Appears that booking will be done predominately by first carrier.
Mostly the carrier that you find in the code of the first segment of your itinerary is going to issue you with an e-ticket via e-mail. Please note that Qantas will ticket on behalf of JAL Japan Airlines and American Airlines will ticket on behalf of Royal Jordanian.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 4:31 pm

Got it to work with a simple DONE4 ATW. Codeshare out of Australia on AA, but it still seems to include some fuel surcharges for the QF segments.

The ticket information seems to be coming from the domain americanairlines.eu.amadeus.com so I assume the ticket is issued by AA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.