Wiki Posts
Search

Missed DONE4 flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2008, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Missed DONE4 flight

Hi, does anyone know what happens if I missed a flight on a DONE4 ticket (i.e. don't make it in time for the flight). Can I simply re-reserve for a later flight? Am travelling Jetstar Cairns - Darwin and am not sure if I am going to make the time or not.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 1:50 am

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
No problem, just rebook on a later flight. I've done this many times on various A/DONE tickets.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 2:44 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by rogerj
Am travelling Jetstar Cairns - Darwin and am not sure if I am going to make the time or not.
Jetstar flights are not allowed on a DONE4 (or any Oneworld Explorer Fare for that matter). So how comes you have a ticket for one?
Old Feb 13, 2008, 6:35 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Jetstar flights are not allowed on a DONE4 (or any Oneworld Explorer Fare for that matter). So how comes you have a ticket for one?
A side trip perhaps?
Old Feb 13, 2008, 12:08 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Perhaps booked before the flight was jetstarised? I thought the no jetstar flights restriction was only for xONEx purchased in southwest pacific (ie Australia & NZ) - for those purchased elsewhere QF codeshares on jetstar flights are allowed?
Old Feb 13, 2008, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Actually, until sometime last year, QF codeshares on JQ metal were permitted for xONEx itineries that did not originate in Oz/NZ.

Perhaps the OP's travel commenced early last year?

Last edited by serfty; Feb 13, 2008 at 3:19 pm
Old Feb 13, 2008, 10:12 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by serfty
Actually, until sometime last year, QF codeshares on JQ metal were permitted for xONEx itineries that did not originate in Oz/NZ.

Perhaps the OP's travel commenced early last year?
Yeah, that might be it. The current rules don't allow JQ metal no matter where the trip originated but in the past it was allowed.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 12:06 am
Original Poster

I was on a QF flight until they replaced it with a Jetstar one!

Off to the airport to sort it out just in case as I have missed calling the AA desk and it is only a 10 minute drive away.

cheers
Old Feb 16, 2008, 6:59 am
Original Poster

All changed at the airport by the Qantas desk - she was a very sour old lady and insisted that my handwritten coupon needed to be revalidated by the QF travel shop. Checked in today with the original coupon and had no issues at all.

On a side note, was denied access to the QF lounge as the flight is a QF codeshare and not on OW metal. After a long chap with the chap on the desk I was eventually let in!
Old Feb 17, 2008, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
They are renovating; it came become quite a Zoo in the CNS QP. Assume they are getting very picky as to who they let in to allievaite the situation.

I guess it would have been quite poor to have denied entry in your case since Qantas moved you off QF metal.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
...I guess it would have been quite poor to have denied entry in your case since Qantas moved you off QF metal.
Agree. Next battle will be getting the miles.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 4:38 am

Location: Based in London but away ~4 months a year, often in Bali
Originally Posted by WearyBizTrvlr
No problem, just rebook on a later flight. I've done this many times on various A/DONE tickets.
Indeed. If it does happen then check your later flights too as I believe I have had the rest of the itin loose it's dates when missing a flight (though I don't recall for sure if that was a xONEx rtw).
Old Feb 19, 2008, 1:24 am
Original Poster

JetStar flight was from the international terminal as it was going onto Singapore and the lounge was empty. Flight was actually very good with free food and booze, just missing entertainment. Flying tomorrow on QF from Darwin to Perth in business so will be good to be able to compare

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.