Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Can you downgrade AONE to D voluntarily for 1 sector?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2007, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Hi

Title says it all. Can I voluntarily fly in business, assuming savailability?

Thanks
Old Jun 1, 2007, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Gold/Life. Marriott T/Life, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond,UA 1K
My Aone agent will make confirmed reservation in club world if A is waitlisting as my dates are specific and not flexible. However in all cases by the time travel comes around A has cleared. Thats BA but I had similar with Cathay last month booked me in L on an AONe where there was no F on the flight and D was full by flight time D cleared. I saw a rule somewhere that you can go in A, D , L if available. I am sure someone will highlight the rule
Old Jun 1, 2007, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by ethan
Hi

Title says it all. Can I voluntarily fly in business, assuming savailability?

Thanks
Certainly. Useful for short "extra" segments where $150 for an extra coach coupon gets the job done. Used as part of the normal allocation when there's availability in a higher class, the airline may give you the booking and then not let you fly for reasons of insanity, though.

[Note that some ManyWorlds members require that extra segments (above the 4/6 allocation) be flown after the 4/6, others allow you to designate which are "extra" (thus giving more flexibility to pick a short segment for carrion class.)]
Old Jun 1, 2007, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Sure. I am doing this on my AONE6 for my JFK-EZE, mostly because I want to fly with my GF who will be on this flight on a J award ticket. I am hoping that, like last year, AA will upgauge this flight to a 777 for the winter season, but, if not, the 763 in J is not bad at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.