Wiki Posts
Search

composing a DONE4 itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by SLF
Perceived wisdom here is not to use open dated sectors; if in doubt simply make dated bookings towards the end of the 12 month ticket validity period. For OWE tickets, date changes are free, so once you know the real dates you can simply pull it forwards. Best not to use an open dated sector for a variety of reasons.
I think some of us here would disagree with these statements. See, e.g., this post and this post and this thread for a discussion.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I think some of us here would disagree with these statements. See, e.g., this post and this post and this thread for a discussion.
Yeh, I would be one of them. 80% of my problems were due to open-dated tickets.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 1:42 pm
SLF

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Interesting, thanks I guess my "perceived wisdom" comment was based on what I'd read here over the last year or so. The main thread with some interesting viewpoints is the third one you referenced; however post #4 from NM is the one which resonates most strongly with my own experiences. As does the second paragraph of post #5 where it is reported you lose your PNR when you reach the end of your dated sectors. I had great trouble resurrecting a ticket with a few (open) sectors left on it; I had to supply the ticket number (which I fortunately had to hand) but it was still a struggle.

This thread is now nearly two years old; perhaps the airlines have improved their systems now and some of the issues which caused problems in the past have been fixed? Me, I'm certainly in the "dated" camp now.

Thanks for pointing the debate, it's not nearly as clear cut as I'd thought.

Last edited by SLF; Aug 3, 2006 at 1:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.