Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access With Non-OW Onward Flight?

Old Apr 14, 06, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 4MM

Hi All. I am an AA Exec. Plat. (OW Emerald) traveling JFK-LHR-ATH-CHA this Sunday. The JFK-LHR and LHR-ATH flights are on AA and BA respectively. My onward brief flight from Athens to Chania (Crete) is with Olympic Airways.

Unfortunately, I have a 4 plus hour layover in Athens. I believe that technically I'm not allowed access to any OW lounges due to the fact that my onward flight is not on a OW carrier. Is that right? If so, what are the chances they might make an exception (considering the previous 2 legs and Emerald status) and allow me in? Any and all help appreciated.
Old Apr 14, 06, 2:10 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
You are correct, no lounge access. Probably the only OW lounge at ATH is BA, who strictly enforces the rules. Times like this is when you really need BA Gold status. Unfortunately in OW all Emeralds are not created equal.
Old Apr 15, 06, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Howgart
Hi All. I am an AA Exec. Plat. (OW Emerald) traveling JFK-LHR-ATH-CHA this Sunday. The JFK-LHR and LHR-ATH flights are on AA and BA respectively. My onward brief flight from Athens to Chania (Crete) is with Olympic Airways.

Unfortunately, I have a 4 plus hour layover in Athens. I believe that technically I'm not allowed access to any OW lounges due to the fact that my onward flight is not on a OW carrier. Is that right? If so, what are the chances they might make an exception (considering the previous 2 legs and Emerald status) and allow me in? Any and all help appreciated.
no chance whatsoever--i've been in the same situation. but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try nonetheless!
Old Apr 16, 06, 2:23 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
In any case, the BA lounge is in the non-Schengen part of the terminal, while the OA flights to CHQ depart from the opposite side of the terminal, in the Schengen departures area.

Search this Thread