Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA-LHR BA vs AA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2006, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ijgordon
AA Flagship suites are better than BA F seats, so it is trickier...
I agree. IME I found BA's F cabin very warm and stuffy. This plus the lack of a NCHs meant I slept better on AA whose cabins tend to be cooler. Foodwise I found the food on better on AA than BA F aside from an exquisite dessert. However I have a feeling this has been down to bad luck on BA.

In short it's close, I would probably take the most direct flight. In OW I would only go out of my way to sample CX and LA F (pre recent changes). Use of the BA lounges and spa would swing it to BA ex-LHR. Mileage earning and being on "home turf" as an EXP would swing it to AA.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA1K, BA GLD
Flying AA F I twice ended up in old F instead of Flagship Suite and this is really worse than BA J. The "bed" is really very hard on the back and there is very little privacy. Flagship Suite is certainly very comfortable. Service is similar in BA J and AA F IMO. And I never had any problems with BA being AA Paltinum even going into BA lounges when flying AA. I did this at least twice, once in MIA and at least once in LHR. In both places there are even different terminals for AA and BA.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by ethan
Which is better - flying YVR-LHR BA J or LAX-LHR AA F? Sleep is the priority - night flights. I'm 6ft. Would the answer be different for a day flight in terms of the overall experience?
beds on BA are better i think but i dont think you will be able to credit the AA mileage
Old Apr 15, 2006, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by sohony
beds on BA are better i think but i dont think you will be able to credit the AA mileage
You can get AA miles on Canada-London-Canada BA flights.

Cheers
Old Apr 15, 2006, 7:02 pm

BA hands down. From the in-flight service to comfort BA is way better than AA.

For points book AA from USA to YYZ or YVR or YUL >LHR> YYZ or YVR or YYZ > back to USA. I have found fares cheaper than sold in the USA. This is true especially from SEA to LHR.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 7:15 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by imverge
This is true especially from SEA to LHR.
Respectfully disagree.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.