Wiki Posts
Search

Last-minute DONE availability

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2006, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Last-minute DONE availability

Some potential that I might be in between jobs for a month shortly and looking to fill it with a quick trip.

Thinking starting a DONE4 in CMB.

CMB-HKG-JFK-DFW-ANC-DFW-MIA-LAX-LHR-IST-LHR-SYD (assuming travel in May when the ANC starts)

then hold Australia and the finish in Asia over for 9-12 mths.

What are my chances of getting D-class availability on that many flights so close (ie no more than a month out - first legs within a week of wanting to book)??

Just want to get an idea before I even go to looking at setting up flights.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 7:27 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
See for yourself. KVS Availability Tool
Old Mar 27, 2006, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by moa999
... What are my chances of getting D-class availability on that many flights so close (ie no more than a month out - first legs within a week of wanting to book)?? ...
I think you biggest issue may be the A class flights to/from ANC. There is really only one option each way, each day and that are quite a few A0's scattered around. I'm doing this in June and to ANC it's showing A4 on my flight. From seat map there are 6 of 22 seats unallocated in First. On the return it's showing A0 with 4/22 seats remaining.

As with many things; the sooner you book the more chance you will have.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 11:19 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
D (and A) availability is much worse this year (2006) than in the past. Seems to be a combination of full flights and more fare products booking into D/A on the various airlines. The AA YUP fares are selling out some of the status-seeking flights, cutting down on your options. Despite this there are plenty of seats available if you have routing and date flexibility -- it becomes a problem when you want to take a specific flight.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by number_6
D (and A) availability is much worse this year (2006) than in the past. Seems to be a combination of full flights and more fare products booking into D/A on the various airlines. The AA YUP fares are selling out some of the status-seeking flights, cutting down on your options. Despite this there are plenty of seats available if you have routing and date flexibility -- it becomes a problem when you want to take a specific flight.
This is definitely true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.