AA RTW re-issue; should I be concerned?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2006, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs

Back story: I purchased a DONE3. I called to make a change and worked with an iffy agent at AA's RTW desk. She collected my credit card number and told me the ticket would be reissued; my itinerary online was updated to match my new flights. I was promised but never received an emailed itinerary. The morning of my initial outbound flight (three weeks after the reissue), I called the EXP desk to confirm seating and check loads and was told that the ticket had never been reissued. I was transfered to RTW where an agent I've worked with before--an experienced one, I knew--said that it had been improperly queued for reissue; he had it taken care of manually while I was on the phone. I received an email showing the reissue.

Now, I'm in India. I'm shortly flying back to the States via HKG on CX and called yesterday to RTW to make a routing change (BOM-HKG-LAX-SFO vs. BOM-HKG-SFO). The agent--a different one--took my credit card, updated the reservation (it's correct online), and told me it's been reissued (I was on hold 10 minutes or so). However, I never received an emailed receipt of the reissue. The flights are soon, and my next checkin is with CX.

Should I be concerned that again this was improperly reissued? Is the worst case simply that I'll be stuck with the original routing (longer hours, fewer miles)? Advice welcomed! Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Phone AA

Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
..The agent--a different one--took my credit card, updated the reservation (it's correct online), and told me it's been reissued (I was on hold 10 minutes or so). However, I never received an emailed receipt of the reissue....
Phone AA again and ask the question: Has the ticket been re-issued ?
Old Jan 14, 2006, 3:41 am

Programs: AA EXP
If this is an AA ticket you could check (not proceed with, obviously) the refunds page at aa.com, and look for the new ticket number.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Ahhh. The joys and tribulations of e-ticketing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.