Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket validity and issuing questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2004, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Ticket validity and issuing questions

I’m planning a set of trips that includes an AONE3 originating in Thailand. I expect to use an award ticket to get between N America and Thailand, so I’d like to purchase/reserve as much as possible in advance to maximize availability. I would expect to complete the OWE trip about 10-11 months after my first flight. (My only previous OWE originated in Canada, which was a piece of cake.) I do have a few questions about ticket validity and issuance:
  • Ticketing: The OWE would begin with a BKK-HKG flight. Can I book the OWE ticket with CX’s US office, and have the ticket sent to my home in US? If not, can I book with CX and pick up at CX’s HKG office? I would prefer booking directly with CX (as opposed to a Bangkok agency), because that would obviously make changes a great deal easier.

• Validity: What is the length of validity for the ticket? Suppose I purchase a ticket in February, 2005, and my first flight is in December, 2005. Must I complete my final flight by Feb 2006 (12 mos after issuing the ticket) or by December 2006 (12 mos after 1st flight)?

• Obligatory itinerary question: Am I correct to assume that the CX HKG-JFK flight that stops in YVR is considered a single (intercontinental) flt, and not a NA segment?
Old Aug 2, 2004, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
The best way is to get CX in NYC to set up the reservation then call/fax CX in BKK with the PNR to get them to ticket it. Collect it at the airport ticketing desk in BKK (or maybe get them to send it to you, but it shouldn't be a problem to collect it). You need to pay in THB to get the Thai fare.

Validity is 12 months from the first flight.

Yes, HKG-JFK is one segment because it is a direct (single flight number) flight on one coupon. Obviously this is not the case if you stopover in YVR.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 1:15 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
The other option is to make the reservation with any of the OW airlines (CX and AA are good) and then have a BKK travel agent ticket it for you, charge you for it and some can also fedex/dhl the ticket to you wherever you are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.