Wiki Posts
Search

CirPac Ticketing Question (ex-BKK)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2004, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
CirPac Ticketing Question (ex-BKK)

I'm going to be booking a CirPac trip in D pretty soon that I'd like to start in BKK since I will be in the "neighborhood". I know that with CirPac's you need to ticket 7 days in advance.

Now that AA/CX/QF are issuing interline eTickets, does anyone know if I can just book this via AA RTW before hand, pay with my Amex and have the eTicket issued (at the ex-BKK rate)? Since there are no tickets to pick up, I could just arrive at BKK and start my CirPac?
Old Jul 30, 2004, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
I'm going to be booking a CirPac trip in D pretty soon that I'd like to start in BKK since I will be in the "neighborhood". I know that with CirPac's you need to ticket 7 days in advance.

Now that AA/CX/QF are issuing interline eTickets, does anyone know if I can just book this via AA RTW before hand, pay with my Amex and have the eTicket issued (at the ex-BKK rate)? Since there are no tickets to pick up, I could just arrive at BKK and start my CirPac?
If you mean make the reservation with the AA rtw desk here in the states and pay them, no you can't do that. You can set up the itinerary with the rtw desk and have them price it but SITI applies and you will have to find a TA or an airline in BKK to issue the ticket.
5N THE FARE WHEN SOLD OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY OF ORIGIN MUST
6N NOT BE LESS THAN THE APPLICABLE FARE FROM THE COUNTRY
7N OF SALE.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Right - understand "SITI". I wouldn't be paying for it in the US, just booking. I'd like to call the AA CTO in BKK take the record and charge my credit card. I want to make sure it's E-Ticket so that I don't have to physically go there and pick it up.

However, I understand that the AA CTO is run by CX, and there seem to have been some problems in the past with them doing advance ticketing when you aren't there to run your card. This may have been becuase they didn't want to issue paper tickets without the cardholder present. If it's an eTicket, I don't think it would matter.

There was a local travel agent mentioned a while back (I think by DaveNoble) that would mail tix - I wonder if they would be willing to eTicket?
Old Jul 31, 2004, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Right - understand "SITI". I wouldn't be paying for it in the US, just booking. I'd like to call the AA CTO in BKK take the record and charge my credit card. I want to make sure it's E-Ticket so that I don't have to physically go there and pick it up.

However, I understand that the AA CTO is run by CX, and there seem to have been some problems in the past with them doing advance ticketing when you aren't there to run your card. This may have been becuase they didn't want to issue paper tickets without the cardholder present. If it's an eTicket, I don't think it would matter.

There was a local travel agent mentioned a while back (I think by DaveNoble) that would mail tix - I wonder if they would be willing to eTicket?
Even if its an e-ticket, it's still a ticket and the AA office will still require you to show up in person with credit card in hand to sign for the creditcard charge slip.

Local travel agents in Thailand may not be able to handle e-tickets on American Airlines. So unless you want a true e-ticket, you would definitely have to show up at either AA or CX office to get that done.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Cool - thanks for all of the info.

Sounds like my best bet will be contacting a local travel agent that will mail me the tickets. Will be the easiest way of managaing the 7 day advance purchase of a CirPac without having to be in Bangkok for 7 days prior to starting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.