AA code share NRT-HNL

Old May 28, 04, 10:12 am
Original Poster

AA code share NRT-HNL

Posting this here because it is basically a OW question.

Getting from Asia to HNL on OW carriers had been an issue because the only flight going to HNL as I recall was an AA codeshare on JAL metal. The last time I asked this question, that flight was not eligible to be used in an OW RTW because JAL isn't a OW member.

Is that still the case?

Are there other options that I should consider (not Australia please) getting from Asia to HNL (without backtracking from the US West Coast) or buying additional segments on top of the normal OWE 3 or 4 continent ticket cost?

Thanks.
Old May 28, 04, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Wanderer

Getting from Asia to HNL on OW carriers had been an issue because the only flight going to HNL as I recall was an AA codeshare on JAL metal. The last time I asked this question, that flight was not eligible to be used in an OW RTW because JAL isn't a OW member.

Is that still the case?

Are there other options that I should consider (not Australia please) getting from Asia to HNL (without backtracking from the US West Coast) or buying additional segments on top of the normal OWE 3 or 4 continent ticket cost?

Thanks.
No change in status of OW flights to NRT from HNL. AA has asked for authority to fly NRT-HNL according to the AA forum. Not likely to happen before 1-Nov this year, maybe even later.
Old May 28, 04, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Wanderer

Is that still the case?

Thanks.
Also note that backtracking is not an option for OWE. Only one segment between Hawaii and the NA mainland.
Old Jun 1, 04, 8:03 am

Location: Lahaina,HI USA AA PLT 9 Million Miles+, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz No. 1 Club Gold, Starwood Platinum,OnePass Gold Elite,+++
Wanderer,

You said in another post that HNL is a must. If so, you must connect via SYD, no other options unless you purchase a LAX - HNL - LAX.

And the SYD flight is only Business and Economy.

Search this Thread