Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Easiest Gold

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2004, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: air new zealand / qantas / thai / jal/ skywards / le meridien / marriott
Easiest Gold

Can You Advise Which One World Carrier Requires The Least Miles / Status Credits To Achieve Gold Status?
Regards
Old Apr 28, 2004, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
The answer to the question as asked is American.

But it really isn't a very meaningful question... "Gold" is the lowest FF status level on AA, the middle one on CX, and the top one on BA.

If what you meant to ask is "which airline requires the least miles to reach the OneWorld top tier" then the question is more complex. It depends on your flying pattern, both in terms of fare classes flown and lengths of flight. Each airline has different parameters for status levels, but there is no simple answer as to which is the easiest. It has to be said though that CX is probably the hardest on almost any travel pattern.

By the way, in OneWorld while each airline has their own names for the different FF levels, there is a common terminology for "OneWorld status" which goes from "ruby", through "sapphire" to "emerald" (the highest).
Old Apr 29, 2004, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: air new zealand / qantas / thai / jal/ skywards / le meridien / marriott
Thanks Christep
I'm Confusing *a Terminology.
What I'm After Is Sapphire Status For Lounge & Terminal Facilities. I Would Use Credit Card Points For Upgrades On My Regular Carrier.
Therefore My Question Should Be:
Is There A Particular One World Carrier That Is The Easiest To Attain Sapphire Status With?
Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2004, 1:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Concur with Christep.
Go for the Plat challenge.
Lots of info in the AA forum.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 6:04 am
Suspended

Agreed - Platinum Challenge on AA assuming that you do most of your flying in a fare class that is eligible. (10,000 qualifying points in 3 months is what is needed.)

The only caveat to this is that if you are planning a lot of flying in the US on domestic-only itineraries then you would not get lounge access.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 9:25 am

Programs: FB-Plat, HHonors Gold
Sapphire

But what if a BA Sapphire wants to visit the lounge at a US-only itinerary?
Old Apr 30, 2004, 9:30 am
Suspended

No problem.

By the way, as a BA Gold you are Emerald, not Sapphire, which means that not only can you access Admiral's Club lounges, but also the Flagship Lounges (essentially the First Class lounges) where AA has them.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 9:32 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brenno
But what if a BA Sapphire wants to visit the lounge at a US-only itinerary?
Then it's OK. That limitation only applies to AA Sapphires.
Old May 1, 2004, 3:07 am

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I was considering the Plat Challenge on AA. But don't you have to fly at least 4 sectors with AA or something similar in order to qualify? This may be a problem as I rarely route via the US.
Old May 1, 2004, 4:38 am
Suspended

No - you don't have to fly 4 segments to get the Plat Challenge (in fact you can do it entirely on other airlines). But you do have to do 4 segments (and they have to be AA metal, not just AA code) to renew it after your initial term.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.