Wiki Posts
Search

Regarding S7

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2022, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
Regarding S7

Let’s say (and I know this is a big IF, would rather this not turn into a geopolitics discourse) the war ends and a treaty is signed. Do we think S7 would likely be restored? I do most of my work in Eastern Europe and Central Asia at the moment and desperately hate the lack of OneWorld options here.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 2:06 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by wutlol
Let’s say (and I know this is a big IF, would rather this not turn into a geopolitics discourse) the war ends and a treaty is signed. Do we think S7 would likely be restored? I do most of my work in Eastern Europe and Central Asia at the moment and desperately hate the lack of OneWorld options here.
I don't think anyone can tell. Firstly, it's not clear what a treaty would look like. There are many options, ranging from a mere seize fire to a consensus on all disputed issues. If you ask me, a seize fire or some other agreement at the low end of the scale is more likely. Such a low end agreement would not necessarily result in an end of all sanctions. Secondly, even if the sanctions were to end, it will be a commercial decision of both Oneworld and S7 to restore the membership. I never perceived that S7 was well integrated into Oneworld, which makes economics more doubtful.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by wutlol
I'd guess Air Astana and Uzbekistan Airways could become good use, but don't have much in terms of international airline partnerships. QR has great coverage in Eastern Europe but doesn't have much beyond Georgia/Armenia except Almaty and Baku in Central Asia and that's the only OW airline in the region for the most part.

I'd actually love to see Air Astana in OneWorld, they seem to be a fairly decent airline, cover (quite well) a niche part of the world that few alliances do, and could be a great fit.

Last edited by dvs7310; Nov 13, 2022 at 1:12 pm
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
Originally Posted by dvs7310
I'd guess Air Astana and Uzbekistan Airways could become good use, but don't have much in terms of international airline partnerships. QR has great coverage in Eastern Europe but doesn't have much beyond Georgia/Armenia except Almaty and Baku in Central Asia and that's the only OW airline in the region for the most part.

I'd actually love to see Air Astana in OneWorld, they seem to be a fairly decent airline, cover (quite well) a niche part of the world that few alliances do, and could be a great fit.
Funny you mention that - Air Astana and Starlux are my two biggest desired potential members for OneWorld membership. Both have strong connections with existing OneWorld hubs/partners but don’t duplicate/compete on many routes. They simultaneously open up many more new destinations. That’s a strong combo.
ItsAnAdam likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.