Reload this Page >

Tried to book aa lax to jfk as ba codeshare ...not allowed

Old May 13, 19, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat

Hi
Just tried to book as part of a round the world ticket LAX to JFK on AA as BA codeshare but told not possible .
Is this because the codeshare can only be booked in conjuction with a BA international flight ?
In the past i've been able to book AA domestic flights on certain routes as BA codeshares without having a connecting international flight
Thanks for any light that can be shed

Last edited by pianoperson; May 13, 19 at 11:55 pm
Old May 14, 19, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pianoperson View Post
Hi
Just tried to book as part of a round the world ticket LAX to JFK on AA as BA codeshare but told not possible .
Is this because the codeshare can only be booked in conjuction with a BA international flight ?
In the past i've been able to book AA domestic flights on certain routes as BA codeshares without having a connecting international flight
Thanks for any light that can be shed
BA can only offer domestic service within USA in conjunction with travel to or from USA on BA ; it doesn't have to be a connection - stopover is permitted too
Old May 14, 19, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat
Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
BA can only offer domestic service within USA in conjunction with travel to or from USA on BA ; it doesn't have to be a connection - stopover is permitted too
hi thanks for that
I thought that might be the case
I must have been lucky before as I've got internal flights booked on the BA codeshares without a connecting international flight

Just to check - I am flying in on BA to Seattle stopover then AA to LAX - there is no BA codeshare on that ..... but then LAX to JFK which is the flight I wanted to book if possible as BA codeshare - presumably it is ineligible due to the intervening SEA to LAX flight ?
Old May 14, 19, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by pianoperson View Post
presumably it is ineligible due to the intervening SEA to LAX flight ?
Correct
Old May 15, 19, 8:42 am

Programs: Former BA/AA/CP/LY employee, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Platinum, Samsung Platinum
Here's an earlier thread that goes into more technical detail on the codeshare restriction:

Rules on when BA code shares are permitted on xONExs

Search this Thread