OW RTW J

Old May 2, 19, 4:45 am
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways
Original Poster

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
OW RTW J

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I'm wondering if someone can advise the best way to book a OW RTW ticket in business class, starting in Melbourne or Sydney (then Asia, Middle East, Europe, USA, Australia).

The only fares I can find are costing around $14,000, and this seems insanely high.

Thanks.
Old May 2, 19, 5:22 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA Gold
Originally Posted by hgp View Post
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I'm wondering if someone can advise the best way to book a OW RTW ticket in business class, starting in Melbourne or Sydney (then Asia, Middle East, Europe, USA, Australia).

The only fares I can find are costing around $14,000, and this seems insanely high.

Thanks.
The better forum to ask in is the Oneworld Forum. There a thread there specifically on the Oneworld Explorer ticket - The oneworld explorer ticket FAQs

Your itinerary is a 4-continent ticket in business class (its fare basis is DONE4). The base fare for that ticket is $11,999. To this must be added the various fees, taxes and (sur)charges; while an extra $2,000 for these seems a little high to me, it is not outrageously high.

The base fare can be lower when starting in different countries. For example the base fare for a DONE4 starting in Japan is JPY780,400 (about $10,000 Australian).

Also, the DONE4 might not be the most appropriate product for you. It allows up to 16 flights, spread over a year. However if you are looking to stop at just a few places then it might be more cost effective to purchase individual tickets.

Feel free to ask over in the Oneworld forum - we are friendly bunch over there.
Old May 2, 19, 7:19 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
[mod hat] I agree with pandaperth and will move this from the QF to the OW forum. [/mod hat]
Old May 2, 19, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pandaperth View Post
Also, the DONE4 might not be the most appropriate product for you. It allows up to 16 flights, spread over a year. However if you are looking to stop at just a few places then it might be more cost effective to purchase individual tickets.
Or a DONE3 ex Asia and MEL/SYD Asia flights as needed. A DONE3 still has the 16 segment limit just as a DONE4
Old May 2, 19, 6:18 pm
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways
Original Poster

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Thanks!
Old May 3, 19, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Originally Posted by hgp View Post
OW RTW ticket in business class, starting in Melbourne or Sydney (then Asia, Middle East, Europe, USA, Australia
Depending on your specific route, a Global Explorer ticket might be less expensive. For example, an IGLOB26, which allows up to 26,000 flight miles and books into I inventory (typically the cheapest and most restrictive business class fare) is $10,499 AUD base fare, and a DGLOB34, which allows up to 34,000 flight miles and books into D inventory (still discounted business class inventory but generally less restricted than I) is $11,999 AUD base fare, same as a DONE4. As mentioned, various taxes and airline-imposed fees are added to the base fare. The amount of which can vary quite a bit depending on which airline does the booking and which airline's flight codes are booked and which airports one uses. If you can offset the trip to start in Tokyo, a DONE4 would be $9,952 AUD base fare.

A basic route syd-hkg-lhr-tlv-lhr-lax-mel is roughly 28,418 flight miles. syd-nrt-doh-mad-dfw-syd is roughly 26,871 flight miles.

Search this Thread