Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Connecting Time from Old RTW -> New RTW

Old Apr 21, 19, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

A current DONE04 ends with JL 708 BKK-NRT arriving NRT 8/25/19 at 16:20. (Check-in will be for 1 segment only with JL in BKK on 8/25). I would like to start a new DONE04 ex-NRT with JL 751 NRT-HAN on 8/25 departing 18:30 (2' 10" connection time).
I know this is a valid connection. However, I intend to thru-check baggage in BKK to HAN.
What happens to the new RTW if I miss the first flight in NRT? Do you think JL will protect me?
The other possibility is do MH 71/752 NRT-KUL-HAN which departs NRT at 21:40; i.e., 5' 20" connection time.
Thoughts/suggestions/comments are appreciated.
Old Apr 21, 19, 4:06 pm

Programs: QF WP
We regularly do DONE4/5 and face a similar situation to you....I dont believe JL or anyone else will protect as you have two seperate PNR's so we always overnight just in case !!!....Never had any delays on the last leg of our DONE4/5 over the past 10 years so we could have made our connection on our new ticket but you just never know so we take the conservative way out.
Old Apr 22, 19, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the input. That is helpful for sure. I mostly have done the same thing as you (i.e., overnight / longish layover).

Search this Thread