BA F Lounge Access?

Old Apr 19, 19, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum, AS MVP75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire
BA F Lounge Access?

Iím flying into IAH on QR J and the connecting to an AA flight in F. Am I allowed to use the BA F lounge? I donít have any OW status.
Old Apr 19, 19, 1:11 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
Iím flying into IAH on QR J and the connecting to an AA flight in F. Am I allowed to use the BA F lounge? I donít have any OW status.
No, see below.
Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
  • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
  • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Apr 19, 19, 11:04 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, CX Diamond
I couldn't get a question.
To IAH from DOH (on direct nonstop flight QR713) ?
In DOH, you can use QR's business class lounge which is better than a lounge for Oneworld elite member.
So, what "BA F lounge" do you refer ?

I don't know lounge situation on IAH.
Maybe, you had better ask in AA forum.
Old Apr 20, 19, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum, AS MVP75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu View Post
I couldn't get a question.
To IAH from DOH (on direct nonstop flight QR713) ?
In DOH, you can use QR's business class lounge which is better than a lounge for Oneworld elite member.
So, what "BA F lounge" do you refer ?

I don't know lounge situation on IAH.
Maybe, you had better ask in AA forum.
In IAH BA operates a J lounge and an F lounge.

My question, which was answered above, was if I got access to BAís F lounge in IAH.
Old Apr 20, 19, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
There is access at IAH based on Class of service of the international long haul flight.

So Business lounge.

Non AAdvantage Emerald would have access to the First lounge based on Status.
Old Apr 24, 19, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Good thing my Polaris ticket got cancelled last minute and got to use that lounge instead.
Old Apr 24, 19, 4:11 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, SPG LT Plat
Originally Posted by serfty View Post

Non AAdvantage Emerald would have access to the First lounge based on Status.

The above status sent me on a little logic quest to understand it... Interesting.... I just keep thinking of the scenarios for myself as AA OWE and I've had access to CX, QA and BA F lounges when traveling in J. And I keep rereading this above statement too. Trying to make the argument for it's converse to be true as well. " An AA Emerald would not have access to the First .... Maybe it's the word status that's tripping me up.

Maybe it would have been better to say the following: non-status person in J would have access to J lounge only. (period). The above statement seems to imply that OWE (other than AA's) would have access to F lounge even when traveling in J.

Correct?
Old Apr 24, 19, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc View Post
The above status sent me on a little logic quest to understand it... Interesting.... I just keep thinking of the scenarios for myself as AA OWE and I've had access to CX, QA and BA F lounges when traveling in J. And I keep rereading this above statement too. Trying to make the argument for it's converse to be true as well. " An AA Emerald would not have access to the First .... Maybe it's the word status that's tripping me up.

Maybe it would have been better to say the following: non-status person in J would have access to J lounge only. (period). The above statement seems to imply that OWE (other than AA's) would have access to F lounge even when traveling in J.

Correct?
Yes, even when traveling in Y. Oneworld emerald (other than an AA EXP) has access to F lounge no matter what class they are flying.
Enjoy exclusive access to premium airport lounges around the world with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire frequent flyer tier status. Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use lounges offered by oneworld airlines when departing on any flight marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown (exceptions are noted below).
  • Emerald tier frequent flyers can use First Class, Business Class or frequent flyer lounges.
serfty likes this.
Old Sep 13, 19, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Is the BA F lounge in IAH worth it vs their Chicago F lounge?
Old Oct 3, 19, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Iím wondering about the BA F lounges within the US. Theyíre suppose to have separate full meal dining areas for BA F pax. Such as in ORD and SFO. What cities (aside from JFK) actually take this seriously and have good F lounges with good ala carte dining?
Old Oct 3, 19, 6:25 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I’m wondering about the BA F lounges within the US. They’re suppose to have separate full meal dining areas for BA F pax. Such as in ORD and SFO. What cities (aside from JFK) actually take this seriously and have good F lounges with good ala carte dining?
TTBOMK, JFK is the only US airport that has a dedicated BA F lounge (F and OWE only), and FWIW, also has the Concorde Room for only F passengers and Concorde Room Card/Gold Guest List card holders. Other airports including IAD, SFO, PHL, ORD and BOS have Concorde Dining (or similar F pre-flight dining) for BA F customers in their combined Club/First lounges. I have not flown BA out of all of these US cities, so please correct me if I missed something or am mistaken. FWIW, I have flown BA F out of IAD, SFO and DEN. DEN has nothing except an Admirals club. At LAX use the QF First lounge.

On a separate note, which I know has been mentioned in this forum previously, the OW website lounge info provides little insight into answering questions such as yours. And BA has referred lounge inquiries to the OW website and no longer provides useful info such as this on its own website.

Last edited by aaupgrade; Oct 3, 19 at 6:33 am
Old Oct 3, 19, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Iím wondering about the BA F lounges within the US. Theyíre suppose to have separate full meal dining areas for BA F pax. Such as in ORD and SFO. What cities (aside from JFK) actually take this seriously and have good F lounges with good ala carte dining?
The BA forum is the best FT resource for information regarding the BA F lounges. There are extensive threads regarding the lounges including, in some cases, current menus.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24509549-post3.html
aaupgrade likes this.
Old Oct 4, 19, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska View Post
The BA forum is the best FT resource for information regarding the BA F lounges. There are extensive threads regarding the lounges including, in some cases, current menus.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24509549-post3.html
Apologies, I actually thought this was the BA forum.
Old Oct 21, 19, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson Rewards Silver, Expedia Gold
For BA lounges in the US, be warned that being entitled to access according to the rules is no guarantee of actually being admitted. BA is notoriously stingy about granting access to oneworld elites flying on other airlines at US airports. I haven't tried at IAH, but I have been denied access multiple times at ORD, PHL, and IAD. They will claim capacity issues even though the lounge behind them is totally empty. So please don't count on seeing the inside of this lounge because of having a QR or AA boarding pass.
moa999 likes this.
Old Oct 22, 19, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arabiamark View Post
For BA lounges in the US, be warned that being entitled to access according to the rules is no guarantee of actually being admitted. BA is notoriously stingy about granting access to oneworld elites flying on other airlines at US airports. I haven't tried at IAH, but I have been denied access multiple times at ORD, PHL, and IAD. They will claim capacity issues even though the lounge behind them is totally empty. So please don't count on seeing the inside of this lounge because of having a QR or AA boarding pass.
Yeah and Qantas was busted in LA for not letting partners in. I donít get why BA gets away with it? I too have been turned away in ORD at their lounge.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: