FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA F Lounge Access?
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:18 am
jerry a. laska
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
The above status sent me on a little logic quest to understand it... Interesting.... I just keep thinking of the scenarios for myself as AA OWE and I've had access to CX, QA and BA F lounges when traveling in J. And I keep rereading this above statement too. Trying to make the argument for it's converse to be true as well. " An AA Emerald would not have access to the First .... Maybe it's the word status that's tripping me up.

Maybe it would have been better to say the following: non-status person in J would have access to J lounge only. (period). The above statement seems to imply that OWE (other than AA's) would have access to F lounge even when traveling in J.

Correct?
Yes, even when traveling in Y. Oneworld emerald (other than an AA EXP) has access to F lounge no matter what class they are flying.
Enjoy exclusive access to premium airport lounges around the world with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire frequent flyer tier status. Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use lounges offered by oneworld airlines when departing on any flight marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown (exceptions are noted below).
  • Emerald tier frequent flyers can use First Class, Business Class or frequent flyer lounges.