Wiki Posts
Search

Routing advice - 'flight segments' and 'stopovers'; DONE4/DGLOB34

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Routing advice - 'flight segments' and 'stopovers'; DONE4/DGLOB34

Hi All,

I am looking at either a DONE4 or DGLOB34. I am unable to interpret the rules hence I need some clarity. There are a number of cities I'd like to visit but based on my understanding I seem to trip up with regard to either exceeding the maximum number of stop overs or flight segments.

I want to fly from Europe and follow the following itinerary:

LHR-YYZ-OMA-NYC-MCO/MIA-JAC-MEL-ETC

My understanding of a DGLOB34 is that I can do a maximum of 4 stop overs. With my intention to stop in Toronto, Omaha, New York, Orlando and Jackson Hole I will 5 stopovers or have I misunderstood the rules?

Under the DONE4 rules it mentions a maximum of 6 'flight segments' in the US; is a single flight segment a single flight or can it constitute multiple flights but with the stop over merely as transit? I.e. there is no direct flight from Toronto to Omaha so one would need to fly Toronto - Chicago - Omaha, I'd be in transit in Chicago but I'd take 2 separate AA flights with 2 seperate flight numbers. Under the DONE4 rules is that one or two 'flight segments'?

Do you have any suggestions, such as alternative products? My preference is very much to visit those cities and in that order. I thought maybe I buy a seperate ticket for Toronto - Omaha and see if that then enables me to comply with the rules?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
I don't think dglob34 is limited to 4 stopovers. U should explore in that direction.

It seems that etc is in North America. U probably need to end in UK for any round the world product
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 747-444
<snip>
I want to fly from Europe and follow the following itinerary:
LHR-YYZ-OMA-NYC-MCO/MIA-JAC-MEL-ETC
<snip>
I.e. there is no direct flight from Toronto to Omaha so one would need to fly Toronto - Chicago - Omaha, I'd be in transit in Chicago but I'd take 2 separate AA flights with 2 seperate flight numbers. Under the DONE4 rules is that one or two 'flight segments'?
2 segments as YYZ-ORD & ORD-OMA are 2 flight numbers

JAC-MEL will take another USA segment as no single flight number. So will be JAC-DFW-SYD-MEL.
JAC flights from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Hole_Airport (may not be up to date)

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Feb 10, 2019 at 12:06 pm
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pbd456
I don't think dglob34 is limited to 4 stopovers. U should explore in that direction.

It seems that etc is in North America. U probably need to end in UK for any round the world product

The -ETC is me getting back to London.

34000 Minimum 2 free stopovers permitted with no more than 4 in any one region

From Rule 8. Stopovers. Page 6

https://www.qantas.com/content/dam/q...l-explorer.pdf

Am I reading this correctly?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
4 stopovers in North America. I don't remember how the open jaw is counted.

If you cut out Jac it should work?

The stop would be YYZ oma NYC Mia. But probably also work for done, I guess

maybe you can use airpass on top of the RTW tickets?

OW Single-continent fare FULL LIST April 2016

Last edited by pbd456; Feb 10, 2019 at 3:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.