Reload this Page >

NRT One World Lounge Suggestion

Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold

Have 5 1/2 hour transit. Arriving UA biz departing MH biz. Have *G, OW Emerald status, Priority Pass. Will want shower. Looks like a lot of options and would appreciate advice for 8 Feb arrival.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:45 am

JAL first is the best lounge you will have access to. You’ve also got ample time to pop into the town of Narita (only 10 minutes on the train and you’re going to be changing terminals anyway) for something a lot more interesting than sitting in lounges.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Whilst I agree the JAL F lounge is the best, the main terminal F lounge is closed for renovation currently;

Narita Airport Lounge Closure

and there are mixed reports about non JAL pax being denied entry due to capacity.

The AA and QF J lounges are pretty good for J lounges and I felt the AA one was a very good AA lounge ( compared to some of the US ones prior to being renovated)

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Feb 4, 2019 at 3:30 pm
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Last month I flew CX J, was refused entry to all JAL lounges in the terminal at NRT. Was told to use CX lounge due to capacity / renovation. I had 5 hours coming in from NGO. Was surprised AA was really good. CX was nothing to write home about. Did not check out QF as my travel companion was complaining about the long walk to get to all these lounges.

Priority Pass only gets you access to LAND side lounges. Small crowded seating typical of Japanese lounges. You get 1 free alcohol drink at IASS lounge, or 0 at TEI lounge. Haven't visited them for ages.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
and there are mixed reports about non JAL pax being denied entry due to capacity.
Originally Posted by beep88
Last month I flew CX J, was refused entry to all JAL lounges in the terminal at NRT.
Is this common?
I'm not really a OneWorld person, although starting to fly JL a bit more.
I have never been denied entry at a Star lounge flying a Star carrier different than the lounge's. This includes ANA Lounges during times when it was like zoo inside.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:58 pm

The JAL first lounge gets busy at the best of times, if they’re renovating and have chunks of the lounge closed then I can see why they’re turning people away. It would be quite unusual in normal times but when lounges are running at significantly reduced capacity due to upgrades it can happen.

If JAL First is off the table then AA is probably the best lounge, the QF lounge is an OK business lounge but 10 years old and due for a refit. I really think going into Narita is the best option, from my read the OP likely needs to come landslide to change terminals anyway because I don’t think there will be interlining with those airlines so I’d be leaving luggage in terminal 2, going to Narita for a couple of hours, coming back, going to one of the lounges for a shower and drinks then board.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
With 5.5 hours transit time, I would not go to Narita, albeit convenient transportation and NaritaShi is worthy of a visit. AA AC is very good, far better than most domestic lounges. Last time I was there in December, the wifi was fast!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by evergrn
Is this common?...
No.

It is temporary while renovations are underway.

See here: Narita Airport Lounge Closure
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
JAL 1st class lounge-fail.... because of renovations.

CX lounge was quiet and just OK. QF lounge bigger and brighter but more noise.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Talking

+1 for AA's lounge in NRT. The showers were great , and there are comfy lounge chairs in one of the back corners where you can take a cat nap.
ffay005 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.