Narita Airport Lounge Closure

Reply

Old Jan 24, 19, 2:36 am
  #91  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Programs: QF Plat VA Silver
Posts: 31
Originally Posted by flozano View Post
Does that mean the issue is gone? OWE flying CX J from NRT tomorrow afternoon, will I be able to get to JL F?
Restrictions are still in place but if it's quiet they might let you in.
AirbrushA380 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 19, 3:36 am
  #92  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,544
Originally Posted by flozano View Post
Does that mean the issue is gone? OWE flying CX J from NRT tomorrow afternoon, will I be able to get to JL F?
Afternoon is usually rush hour, so most likely not.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 19, 5:38 pm
  #93  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Posts: 6,938
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
The maguro that they had just recently was wildly uninspiring, the ever-present ika is bland, and the egg is just a nuissance - when they used to have toro, I would just load up on that and call it a day.
I never ordered sushi at the NRT Sakura F lounge because there has always been a sign that you must take the assortment they offer, you cannot pick which fish you want. Is that not enforced? Or maybe I have misunderstood it?
anabolism is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 19, 6:10 pm
  #94  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,544
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
I never ordered sushi at the NRT Sakura F lounge because there has always been a sign that you must take the assortment they offer, you cannot pick which fish you want. Is that not enforced? Or maybe I have misunderstood it?
You can combine freely, you just can't order more than 3 pieces at a time. But you are welcome to come back as many times as you like.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 19, 6:26 pm
  #95  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,865
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
You can combine freely, you just can't order more than 3 pieces at a time. But you are welcome to come back as many times as you like.
or you can order just tamago, they will give you more than 3 LOL
shuuy likes this.
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 19, 6:31 pm
  #96  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Posts: 6,938
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post

or you can order just tamago, they will give you more than 3 LOL
Now I feel very stupid for passing up sushi all those times because I didn't want to waste the kind I didn't want.
anabolism is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 19, 6:37 pm
  #97  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,865
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
Now I feel very stupid for passing up sushi all those times because I didn't want to waste the kind I didn't want.
they are just sushi, nothing special...and has nothing to do with lounge closure either
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 19, 7:35 pm
  #98  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,950
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
You can combine freely, you just can't order more than 3 pieces at a time. But you are welcome to come back as many times as you like.
and you cant ditch the rice. Michael Tien from china wanted to just get the tuna (dont rmb if it was toro) and the chef said no and turned him away, he pulled some dykwia at the lounge staff and kept being turned away by the chef. disgusting souls who should be banned.
kaka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 3:16 am
  #99  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 105
Good old old times when you could order anything you wanted.
Even sashimi if you were a good boy.
jgchiker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 19, 6:32 pm
  #100  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC
Programs: AA EXP (former US CP); Starwood/Hilton/Marriott Gold; Hilton Diamond; NEXUS
Posts: 128
Flew out of NRT on Sunday morning, F lounge in main building was more crowded than I've ever seen any airport lounge. At times over a dozen people were queuing up trying to get in with no space to sit and being told to wait. I was flying JL F to ORD with my girlfriend, and the lounge attendants escorted us to one of the private rooms (to the left of the F check in desk). I'm not sure if those are usually reserved or if they're for public use, but we enjoyed a comfortable and quiet 45 minutes with a couch, table, tv, etc away from the main lounge area which was a zoo.
asdf098 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 19, 3:24 pm
  #101  
pH
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: LHR
Posts: 68
I'm new to JAL with an upcoming NRT int'l transit... with the crowd reports above was wondering if the F satellite lounge has been less busy lately? Also, are they still serving different champagne from the main terminal F lounge?

Am thinking I may skip the sushi and head to the satellite lounge to skip the crowds (if at all possible).

Thank you kindly for any advice!
pH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 19, 6:32 pm
  #102  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,544
Originally Posted by pH View Post
I'm new to JAL with an upcoming NRT int'l transit... with the crowd reports above was wondering if the F satellite lounge has been less busy lately? Also, are they still serving different champagne from the main terminal F lounge?

Am thinking I may skip the sushi and head to the satellite lounge to skip the crowds (if at all possible).

Thank you kindly for any advice!
The satellite lounge is always less busy than the main building one, however these days that can still mean pretty crowded.

Yes, the satellitte lounge is still serving Laurent-Perrier in addition to the champagne also served in the mail building lounge
pH likes this.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 19, 2:58 am
  #103  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CAN, LAX, TPE
Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Posts: 2,458
Originally Posted by asdf098 View Post
I was flying JL F to ORD with my girlfriend, and the lounge attendants escorted us to one of the private rooms (to the left of the F check in desk). I'm not sure if those are usually reserved or if they're for public use, but we enjoyed a comfortable and quiet 45 minutes with a couch, table, tv, etc away from the main lounge area which was a zoo.
I believe the attendants try to accommodate actual F passengers first over anything else. When back then there was massage available they were able to squeeze in for me even though there was no slots.
coolfish1103 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 19, 1:21 am
  #104  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,332
Originally Posted by JALOO5-Flyer View Post
It seems JAL is renovating its NRT lounges in the main building.
First phase from Nov 1, 2018 to Spring 2019, closing 4th floor First and Sakura Lounge;
Second phase from Spring 2019 to Fall 2019, closing 3rd floor First Lounge area.
Partial Closure of JAL First Class Lounge and Sakura Lounge in the Main Building 3rd and 4th Floor, Narita International Airport - JAL International Flights

There are always substitute lounges in NRT so lounge access would never be a problem. Interestingly it says on the website that during phase 2 Available Lounges during this period are:
  • Renewed First Class Lounge in the Main Building 4th Floor
  • Sakura Lounge in the Main Building 2nd and 3rd Floor
  • First Class Lounge and Sakura Lounge in the Satellite Building
As it didn't mention Sakura Lounge on 4th Floor does it mean JAL is making 4th floor a full First Class Lounge and 2nd/3rd floor a full Sakura Lounge?
I wonder what they mean by Autumn ... Or is that to give them plenty of leeway to overrun?

I have a flight there in October
SQTraveller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 19, 1:28 am
  #105  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,544
Originally Posted by SQTraveller View Post
I wonder what they mean by Autumn ... Or is that to give them plenty of leeway to overrun?

I have a flight there in October
Since they are not being specific I guess they will not overun until they have not completed by end of November. I guess December should qualify as winter. JAL generally annouce it this way, with no specific end date.

It is not like there are no lounges in the given periods. Just different options than normal. As long as you are flying JAL, you do have access to an F lounge.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread