Wiki Posts
Search

qatar flights disappearing from DONE 4

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: qantas platinum (OWE), hyatt platinum, hertz gold
qatar flights disappearing from DONE 4

Just checked my AA booked DONE 4 and all the Qatar flights have disappeared. Checked on AA website and Qatar website. On a very long wait to the AA RTW desk at the moment. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by dragonman
Just checked my AA booked DONE 4 and all the Qatar flights have disappeared. Checked on AA website and Qatar website. On a very long wait to the AA RTW desk at the moment. Has this happened to anyone else?
I don't think you should be too concern. It could be a system glitch (or update on the source). Check back later you'd probably find everything ok. Hold on to your Record Locator (or confirmation booking code).
Last resort, still call the AA RTW desk.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by allset2travel
I don't think you should be too concern. It could be a system glitch (or update on the source). Check back later you'd probably find everything ok. Hold on to your Record Locator (or confirmation booking code).
Last resort, still call the AA RTW desk.
Well it turns out this was no system glitch. Qatar airlines simply canceled all my Qatar flights. They decided the done4 was not ticketed. It was, in July.

The flights were restored by the AA person. I could have turned up at LHR in January and It would have been a nightmare.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Well it turns out this was no system glitch. Qatar airlines simply canceled all my Qatar flights. They decided the done4 was not ticketed. It was, in July.

The flights were restored by the AA person. I could have turned up at LHR in January and It would have been a nightmare.
Interesting. After your OP, I checked our AA-ticketed DONE4 which has two remaining segments, in December, both on QR. Both appeared in the system, as per normal, nothing to see here folks ...

So, who knows what went wrong with your booking? but, thank luck, it's all fixed now.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Amazingly this is happened again. Only this time three of the four Qatar legs have disappeared instead of all four. I’m beginning to believe someone at Qatar Airlines does not like me.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Could it be due to married sector logic?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: AA ExPlat (2MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Amazingly this is happened again. Only this time three of the four Qatar legs have disappeared instead of all four. I’m beginning to believe someone at Qatar Airlines does not like me.
This happened to me several times with QR flights in a AA ticketed DONEX, including one time 1-day before the QR flight where there were now no business class seats available. Thankfully, the AA team were able to work with QR and get my wife and I on our originally booked flights. I'm not sure how or why but I'd caution anyone/everyone to double check QR flights, especially with AA plated tickets. I don't have enough exerience to know whether the issue exists outside of the AA ticketed / QR flight combo, but it happened 3 of the last 3 DONEs.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Precisely what I feared. I guess there is some solace in knowing it’s not just me it’s happened to.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by pbd456
Could it be due to married sector logic?
Unlikely; "Married Segment" logic influences availability on booking, not once ticketed.
Calchas likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Just a data point:
My currently in progress DONE3 was ticketed by CX. Among the remaining segments, of which 3 are QR flights. My record is still intact. All QR segments are showing in AA, CX, JL, QR, MH web sites.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Just checked the remaining flights on my current itinerary as well as the two I haven't started yet. Nothing missing.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I don't think this is specific to QR, or that QR has anything against certain flyers. My guess is that it's a glitch stemming from an itinerary booked and ticketed in one GDS (such as Sabre, used by AA) not correctly propagating ticket numbers to a separate GDS (such as Amadeus, used by QR, QF, CX, BA, etc.) used by the airline operating the flights. I've had this happen on AA-issued xONEx with QF flights. In my experience, the most likely trigger is when a change is made, causing the tickets to be reissued, and the new ticket numbers don't get correctly transmitted to the operating airline's system.

If you want to be extra-safe, after an itinerary is ticketed or a change is made and the tickets are reissued, call any airlines with flights on the booking and ask them to verify that they see the itinerary as ticketed. If they do, you are fine. If they don't, call the issuing airline and have them resend the ticket numbers.
Calchas and moa999 like this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

That is great advice. Thanks.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:48 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by anabolism
I don't think this is specific to QR, or that QR has anything against certain flyers. My guess is that it's a glitch stemming from an itinerary booked and ticketed in one GDS (such as Sabre, used by AA) not correctly propagating ticket numbers to a separate GDS (such as Amadeus, used by QR, QF, CX, BA, etc.) used by the airline operating the flights. I've had this happen on AA-issued xONEx with QF flights. In my experience, the most likely trigger is when a change is made, causing the tickets to be reissued, and the new ticket numbers don't get correctly transmitted to the operating airline's system.

If you want to be extra-safe, after an itinerary is ticketed or a change is made and the tickets are reissued, call any airlines with flights on the booking and ask them to verify that they see the itinerary as ticketed. If they do, you are fine. If they don't, call the issuing airline and have them resend the ticket numbers.
Yup, I had this happen on an AA award that included QR segments. I made a change in routing about a month out. Everything looked good until I showed up in MIA and they wouldn't let me board. The GA spent the next 20 minutes on the phone with AA getting them to re-issue and re-ticket the remaining segments of the trip. Ended up being the last person on the plane.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

oneworld circle PNRs are supposed to have an OSI message in them suppressing the autocancellation

But it probably doesn’t work.

In any event check in would not be possible if the PNR no longer had a reference to a ticket coupon that was open for use

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.