Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA not recognizing my Sapphire OW/AA Plat status

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

BA not recognizing my Sapphire OW/AA Plat status

I'm a platinum AA member which means I should have sapphire OneWorld status, yet BA still only shows me as Ruby a full 2 months after I moved up to AA plat status. I've called both AA and BA and they both point the finger at each other. The BA person even called OneWorld and confirmed my status. Has this happened to anyone before? Is there any magic phrase I need to tell the BA person to look for in my profile so that it automatically recognizes me as Sapphire so I don't need to call every time to choose my seats in advance, get lounge access, etc.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by CLKeenan
I'm a platinum AA member which means I should have sapphire OneWorld status, yet BA still only shows me as Ruby a full 2 months after I moved up to AA plat status. I've called both AA and BA and they both point the finger at each other. The BA person even called OneWorld and confirmed my status. Has this happened to anyone before? Is there any magic phrase I need to tell the BA person to look for in my profile so that it automatically recognizes me as Sapphire so I don't need to call every time to choose my seats in advance, get lounge access, etc.
I believe that it has more to do with when you bought the ticket. IIRC your status in the PNR is fixed at that time. In order to get it updated, you have to get the carrier to refresh.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:51 am

Ask BA to remove the number, finalise the booking and refresh, then re-add the number.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:57 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Closing cross-posted thread.

Gardyloo
Oneworld moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.