Wiki Posts
Search

Ticketing in Zimbabwe

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Ticketing in Zimbabwe

Has anybody either looked at or done a OW RTW ex HRE? What currency are the tickets issued in? It seems the New Zim Dollar is officially peg 1/1 with USD, unofficially 1USD is getting 1.8 NewZim on the street. On this basis if the tickets are issued in local currency perhaps scope exists for a decent discount RTW? Opinions gratefully received!
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Looking in ExpertFlyer, the base fares are quoted in USD
(I also checked Star Alliance and Sky Team fares - they are also quoted in USD)
Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by clansey1973
Has anybody either looked at or done a OW RTW ex HRE? What currency are the tickets issued in? It seems the New Zim Dollar is officially peg 1/1 with USD, unofficially 1USD is getting 1.8 NewZim on the street. On this basis if the tickets are issued in local currency perhaps scope exists for a decent discount RTW? Opinions gratefully received!
Nice idea but not sure how you would go about it. As you would need to take US$, exchange on the streets for new Zim$ and then somehow be able to officially exchange new Zim$ to US$ to pay for the ticket. To exchange officially at 1:1 you would need proof then I suppose that you legitimately earned the money in Zim, or proof that you officially exchanged it. Great idea, just not sure how you would work around it, but there probably is a way!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.