Rewards in C on Sri Lankan

Old Jul 18, 18, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Rewards in C on Sri Lankan

Hi Community,
my partner and me need a conncocting flight BKK CMB return in late Sep mid Oct. so far we are booked with BA avios to eco because only 1 bus seat is available.

would it make sense to book this one seat and hope they will open another reward seat close to take off and then cancel the 2 eco seats?

how s the Sri Lankan policies? thnx
Old Jul 19, 18, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat View Post
Hi Community,
my partner and me need a conncocting flight BKK CMB return in late Sep mid Oct. so far we are booked with BA avios to eco because only 1 bus seat is available.

would it make sense to book this one seat and hope they will open another reward seat close to take off and then cancel the 2 eco seats?

how s the Sri Lankan policies? thnx
I fly that route a lot, too. What I usually do is buy the cheapest seat and then use their bid-for-upgrade program. The minimum bid on that route is $125 each way. I always bid $130; and in the two years that I've been flying that route, I've missed the upgrade exactly once.
Old Jul 19, 18, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH View Post
I fly that route a lot, too. What I usually do is buy the cheapest seat and then use their bid-for-upgrade program. The minimum bid on that route is $125 each way. I always bid $130; and in the two years that I've been flying that route, I've missed the upgrade exactly once.
intersting idea!.. the cheapest fare is 320 euros... thats already too much I think.. add 110 for the bid.. if it was 150 + the bid ok..

but I like the idea..

any experience about the rewards opening up ahead?
Old Jul 19, 18, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat View Post
any experience about the rewards opening up ahead?
IME the bid-for-upgrade program bids are processed a few days () prior to each flight.

Search this Thread