Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Do I have access to OW lounge in connecting airport if flying differetn airlines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do I have access to OW lounge in connecting airport if flying differetn airlines?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Asiana, TAP, United, British, TAM

Hi!
I'm planning to fly
FRA-MAD on IB in J
MAD-GRU on IB in J
GRU-FOR on Latam in Y

By OW rules I should have acess to lounge in GRU since the long-haul flight is in business class.
But the GRU-FOR leg will be on a different airline, bought in a separate ticket.
Do I still have access to the lounge?

Last edited by Shalashaska; Jul 17, 2018 at 10:33 pm Reason: mistake. economy -> business
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lounge access is for departures based on class of travel or status.
There are a few minor exceptions.
For the GRU-FOR on Latam in Y expect you would not have lounge access (unless you have mid level status)

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/gru/-1

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jul 18, 2018 at 12:34 am Reason: clarity
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Lounge access is for departures based on class of travel or status.
There are a few minor exceptions.
For the GRU-FOR on Latam in Y expect you would not have lounge access (unless you have mid level status)
If connecting same day or before 0600 next day at GRU why wouldn't the OP have access to oneworld J lounges in GRU based on the inbound long haul J flight even if the OP has no status?

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

oneworld lounge access for First Class or Business Class customers

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
  • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
  • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But with separate tickets in not connecting
Just the end of one ticket/flight and later the start of another separate ticket/flight
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just the end of one ticket/flight and later the start of another separate ticket/flight
I wouldn't actually agree with your interpretation in relation to the lounge access rules - and there has been plenty of debate on this before with no clear cut conclusion.

The OP should show their inbound bp as well as their departing flight bp at the lounge at GRU and I am pretty confident they would get access.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:53 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
I agree with KARFA. I don't think that's the right interpretation and I have done it myself on separate tickets in another scenario. In this case, same ticket vs. separate tickets shouldn't matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.