Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Open" RTW Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2003, 6:20 am
Original Poster

"Open" RTW Tickets

I have been monitoring this site for several months, and have done a few RTW tickets.
Do I understand correctly that I could begin a 5-Continent RTW ticket such as CAI-LHR-HEL-LHR-LAX-SJU-ORD-MIA.... and then just not book any further segments at the time of ticketing, then add the final segments later? This would be as opposed to issuing the entire itineray and making changes ($75.00) at later date. Assumes ticketing in CAI by BA.
Thanks, guys.
LOVE THIS SITE.

Terry
Old Oct 9, 2003, 6:27 am

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MiamiPrep:
I have been monitoring this site for several months, and have done a few RTW tickets.
Do I understand correctly that I could begin a 5-Continent RTW ticket such as CAI-LHR-HEL-LHR-LAX-SJU-ORD-MIA.... and then just not book any further segments at the time of ticketing, then add the final segments later? This would be as opposed to issuing the entire itineray and making changes ($75.00) at later date. Assumes ticketing in CAI by BA.
Thanks, guys.
LOVE THIS SITE.

Terry
</font>
You have too book an itinerary that at least takes in the continents you will visit, so they can price the ticket. Then once your travel has started you can book extra segments, but this will involve reissuing the ticket ($75). They say in the literature you can book it as you go along, but the reality isn't quite so easy...
Old Oct 9, 2003, 8:56 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MiamiPrep:
Thanks, guys.
LOVE THIS SITE.

Terry
</font>
What they meant was book the first (international?) segment, and leave the rest open dated. Then you can make the booking with the airline for when you wish, and you won't have any problems like them wanting to reissue, or charge you fees for changing dates when they shouldn't be.

goodo
Old Oct 10, 2003, 3:40 am

Programs: BA, LH, BD
I have just discussed this point a few threads up, and it seems the best thing to do is arrange your itinary to send to CAI BA office and make up the dates, changing the dates if needed costs nothing, if you do a search you will notice it's not so easy to change tickets etc as you go, especially ones issued through CAI,
I also called Ms Sobhi the other day - and she wouldn't really let me book a open ticket, and wanted the itinary faxed to her.
She didn't even want to give me a price, kept asking for the itinary - so keep it simple i say.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Mrs Sobhi is quite happy to book open-dated tickets - she has now done this for me twice. But of course you have to specify a complete and valid routing fo her to be able to issue the ticket. I also rerouted my first ticket twice, and have so far rerouted my second ticket once with absolutely no difficulty whatsoever.

What's more I have never asked her to make any reservations - I do all of those through my local tame travel agent and simply give her the BA PNR for the first segment. This is all she needs.

[This message has been edited by christep (edited 10-10-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.