Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences with priority waitlists?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2002, 7:27 pm
mgm
Original Poster

Experiences with priority waitlists?

Just wondering if anyone knows how the status based high priority waitlists work for the different carriers. I've had two different experiences, with BA the agent said that the system does it automatically, with QF the agent said that the agent has to indicate what level of priority the booking should be waitlisted at.

BTW - I know that LanChile does not offer this (according to the guide anyway).
Old May 13, 2002, 7:54 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
As a QF Platinum member, I have had very good experiences with their priority waitlisting. The system automatically picks up the FF status and prioritised accordingly.

Obviously the best results are with waitlisting for full fare seats. A non-status waitlist for a full fare seat (in Y, J, F etc) will be preferred over an elite-status member waitlisting on a discounted fare.

On QF (and probably other carriers) there are only a few fare basis that they will accept waitlisting.
Old May 14, 2002, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
It's not the 'status' but rather the CRS the airline is using.

I know for a fact that CX's CRS indicates your status, but in fact ANY waitlists on them is not cleared automatically and at least not by status. I've had flights which are still pending and on waitlist when CX's inventory suddenly opens up and while still on waitlist! So it doesn't mean than once someone cancels, you get the seat!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.