Unofficial oneworld Info Desk - big update

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2002, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
Unofficial oneworld Info Desk - big update

Hello my fellow oneworld fans,

I've finally got it done, a big update of the Unofficial oneworld Info Desk.  New prices and fare rules (including the recent SITI/SOTO ticketing rule changes) for OWE, GlobEx, plus an overall site redesign are implemented.  Enjoy!

FewMiles..

------------------
[ FlyerTalkers' Resources on the Web ]
[ Unofficial Guide to AAdvantage ] [ Unofficial oneworld Info Desk ]
Old Apr 28, 2002, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Looks good FewMiles!

One question. The misc. notes for the OWE rules indicates that you can still get a ticket issued in the USA for travel originating in another country and only have to pay that country's fare. Hasn't this changed?
Old Apr 28, 2002, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Thanks for the update! So does it look like New Zealand is still the cheapest place to get a OWE now?
Old Apr 29, 2002, 5:38 am
In Memoriam

For those of you who have been using my Excel comparison chart to translate the pricing into a common currency, I will update it but probably not until late June. I'm in the middle of a 5 continent RTW and just can't get to it until I finish. From the looks of the pricing, not too much has changed since the last update.
Old Apr 30, 2002, 7:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tfung:
Thanks for the update! So does it look like New Zealand is still the cheapest place to get a OWE now?</font>
I suspect that Fiji is the cheapest place for it even though there are sadly no prices for this country. Just look at the huge difference between Explorer fares of Fiji and NZ.

BTW, thanks FewMiles!

[This message has been edited by Spider (edited 04-30-2002).]
Old Apr 30, 2002, 8:10 am

There is NO 1-world sevice to fiji, hence any OWE fare would be useless and probably out of date.

rich
Old Apr 30, 2002, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Fiji is gone from the list of countires on the OWE list. I have to check the GlobEx fares one more time, as there are a few in that database that may be out of date and hence have to be removed.

BTW, comments on the website are always appreciated. Is there anything you'd like to see added to the website?

FewMiles..
Old May 5, 2002, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I have finished checking and updating GlobEx rules and fares. Note that there are GlobEx fares from some countries where you can't get OWE fares. For instance, you can buy a GlobEx ex-Fiji, but you can't get an OWE ex-Fiji.

FewMiles..

------------------
Old May 9, 2002, 5:01 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ExMo:
For those of you who have been using my Excel comparison chart to translate the pricing into a common currency, I will update it but probably not until late June. I'm in the middle of a 5 continent RTW and just can't get to it until I finish. From the looks of the pricing, not too much has changed since the last update.</font>
The link to FlyerTalker ExMo has put together a nifty fare conversion spreadsheet which makes it easy to compare OWE prices does not seem to be working!

Old May 9, 2002, 7:09 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by satish_ny:
The link to FlyerTalker ExMo has put together a nifty fare conversion spreadsheet which makes it easy to compare OWE prices does not seem to be working!</font>
This blows! Maybe someone can fix the link?
Old May 9, 2002, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I will upload the spreadsheet (tonight--I can only access my website from behind my cable modem), but I'll warn you, it is the older version. ExMo has promised an update when he gets back from his current travels.
FewMiles..

------------------

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.