Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waitlist on RTW LA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2002, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
is it just me, or is F class no longer available on LA flights within south america after April 1st?? I tried to look up SCL-IPC and there is only Business even when the equipment is a 767-300. F is not there at all! Same with the two daily EZE-SCL with the airbus 340... is this a sign that LA might be discontinuing it's F product altogether sometime?
Old Jan 11, 2002, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXPLT, BA Gold, Shang Elite
seems so....seems the LA info on AOG (CX's triplaner) is not correct, and not just post-apr
Old Jan 13, 2002, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Look on the bright side... it just means that F class is not sold but will still be there on the long haul aircrafts but sold as J class.
Old Jan 13, 2002, 10:22 am

Just got confirmed for LA 601 from LAX-SCL in FIRST on LA with a seat of 1D. BUT from SCL-EZE I have a business class seat. It seems LA took a long time to confirm this first class intercontinental seat on my RTW. Call the RTW desk at AA . They are superb!
Old Jan 14, 2002, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Guy Betsy:
Look on the bright side... it just means that F class is not sold but will still be there on the long haul aircrafts but sold as J class.</font>
hmm.. yeah.. I don't care if I sit in J on those short sectors; but I want the extra F class bonus miles!!!
Old Jan 21, 2002, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
There is not really very much difference between First and Business class on LAN Chile. As far as I can tell, the seats themselves are identical. The food is a little fancier in First, as is the champagne, but the quality of both is on nearly the same level. In general, you will find LAN Chile far superior to US or other South American airlines (with the possible exception of TAM).
Old Jan 27, 2002, 11:18 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I understand, from AA RTW desk, that from 1 March 2002, LanChile are converting many of their flights to a 2 class configuration.

I think most of the problems with Lan are a symptom of this change.
Old Jan 28, 2002, 12:06 am

They are converting them, but this has been a problem for over a year and a half now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.