Missing the Boat on Canadian Platinum Members

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2000, 1:13 pm
Cam
Original Poster

Programs: ACMM, Hilton Diamond, IEEE, PTC, CPS, CSBC, USBI
Missing the Boat on Canadian Platinum Members

A suggestion to OneWorld Airlines.

There are a lot of frustrated Canadian Airlines platinum members out there. how about offering Gold status in your equivalent club. This would satisfy people like myself and almost certainly increase your revenue base.
Old Jun 22, 2000, 8:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
AA is already offering reduced qualification levels for Gold and Platinum (but not EP) to Canadians.

None of the others will have a strong incentive to do so. Giving out status dilutes the base, with no guarantees of picking up the traffic.

After all, CP flyers who switch to AA will fly QF, BA and CX anyway. Why should those carriers make an offshore pitch into Canada? Doesn't really seem to make commercial sense,
Old Jun 26, 2000, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Well, I asked for the Platinum challenge and got it even though within a week of qualifying I would have qualified under their usual requirements anyway.

I feel embarrassed to be Canadian at times whenever I check in on an AA flight. Especially when I am still trying to credit mileage on CPlus. But since holding AA Platinum now, I'm accruing as much as possible on AAdvantage now.

Actually AA service is quite good - in Business Class - international flights.
Old Jul 6, 2000, 7:19 am
Cam
Original Poster

Programs: ACMM, Hilton Diamond, IEEE, PTC, CPS, CSBC, USBI
I mentioned on another forum that I was able to get BA gold status but not Qantas. Didn't think of trying AA since most of travel is to Asia, Europe and AFrica - directly from Canada

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.