Community
Wiki Posts
Search

volunteering to give up your seat on complex rtw

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2000, 7:49 am
Original Poster

volunteering to give up your seat on complex rtw

are the odds better for being accepted as a volunteer on an overbooked flt. in biz or m

and what does that do to a complicated rtw routing -- just a 75 dollar change?

stealthflier
Old Jun 27, 2000, 8:19 pm
Original Member

bumping would not require a $75 fee, although I think they would be reeeealllly reluctant to bump you in favor of someone else (in either case). Remember you can change date and time of travel--only if you change cities do you pay the $75.

jl
Old Jun 28, 2000, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Let me tell you a little story of my friend's mum who went to Vancouver. On her way back to HongKong, she was offered to give up her economy class seat for a later flight (basically 12 hours later) and she would be put up in a hotel, all meals paid for and be upgraded to Business Class. She said no. She wanted to arrive into HK for shopping (enroute to Singapore).

Three hours later, Cathay approached her again, this time upped the offer to First Class.

And what did she say?

Neither my friend and I could figure that one out. Women! Shopping!
Old Jun 28, 2000, 7:47 pm
Original Member

I've also had a bump refused if it was too tough to reroute me--as I recall traveling US-Europe they wouldn't consider bumping me on the originating flight b/c too tough to rebook the int'l leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.